AmbergrisCaye.com Home

bicycle rental fee

Posted By: B_b_f_b

bicycle rental fee - 04/19/01 06:58 PM

I'm going to be there in two weeks and I did a search and I can't seem to find out how much it costs to rent a bike in AC. Now maybe I'm not the sharpest pencil in the pencil case, but if you've seen the rental price for a bike, please let me know. P.S. I'm staying at Banana Beach and bike rental is not included (I think).
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/19/01 07:35 PM

becky, i don't have an answer for you, but did you try and email tim and ask him? he might know and arrange it for you. just a thought.

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/19/01 08:53 PM

Thanks Jane, again not the sharpest pencil.
Posted By: Debbie

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/19/01 10:01 PM

I recall being told $5 US but don't recall if that's by the hour or for the day..... Sorry.... Some resorts have bicycles for you like Jane said. Ask. They are NOT expensive.....
Debbie
Posted By: diann

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/20/01 12:22 AM

Hey Becky..
If you haven't already emailed or asked, could you inquire about those bikes for two? just a thought... thanx!!!

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/20/01 02:05 AM

Why Diann, you know something I don't? Am I going to be tempted by some hottie like Paisano who'll make me want to pick up hitchhikers on my bicyle built for two? Damn, I promised myself I'd be a good girl this trip. Don't give me any ideas. Too bad your not going to be down there in May or are you?

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/20/01 07:47 AM

hmmmm well, i could be persuaded!!(come on guys, where are ya when i NEED ya.. er, well, at least need your wallet!! ) lol... went to the airport and hung out waiting for Axebaby, but.. he was a no show!! just kiddin...

oh, lemme tell ya how i wish i was going then or better yet, there now!! ....

hey.. enjoy being tempted sister!!! that's one thing i'm counting on babe!!! <g>

[This message has been edited by diann (edited 04-20-2001).]

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/20/01 04:24 PM

Hi Diann, I'll make sure to give you a full trip report when I return, I can see some of it now. I'll try to keep it rated G. Look for the full report May 13th.

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/20/01 06:00 PM

can't wait!! livin thru ya chick!!!
Posted By: flounder

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/20/01 08:26 PM

Becky Joe's Bikes #4371 rents them for $39 for the week, day rates are $9.

Once on the island look me up I can give you a 2 for 1 certificate.

Bob 2382
Posted By: Marty

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/20/01 09:19 PM

some hotels provide bikes...
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/20/01 09:24 PM

Becky, when Karin and I were in San Pedro, we walked everywhere. We thought of renting a bike, but everyone we talked to said walking was best. The sand is deep in some places making it hard to pedal if you aren't use to it, and you don't have to worry about where to leave it when you go into a shop or bar.
Punta Rebel Girl
Posted By: Ken & Lynne

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/21/01 04:59 AM

Hey Becky
Rented bike last time there, definitely worth doing for a day to get the layout of the land... hard packed dirt roads through-out, soft sand only on beach areas... ohhh watch out for the banana seats...k-man
Posted By: diverdeb1

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/21/01 06:14 AM

Flounder is right!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Scott & Valerie

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/21/01 05:15 PM

I just posted my experience and I read your inquiry. Joe's Bike Shop is the best and cheapest. he offers his bikes at $12 Belize dollars for 3 hours which is only $6 us dollars and the longer you have the it gets even cheaper. Don't be fooled by the resort prices...$15 us...it's nuts. The locals are the best and Joe's is the only one we ended up finding who was cool and cost effective. Take a walk towards Ruby's Cafe and if you aske anyone they'll point just down the street to Joe's bike shop.

Enjoy your trip...

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/21/01 05:20 PM

Thanks everyone, Valerie and Scott, Flounder and everyone else. Will use your tips. Can't wait to be there. Look for my trip report on the May 14th. Hopefully it won't involve me flying off my bike.

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/23/01 06:20 PM

hey Becky...
might not be so bad... never know what you might be flying off after!!!! enjoy!!!

Re: bicycle rental fee - 04/23/01 06:34 PM

You know it, all you good looking guys (even not so good looking as long as you've got a great sense of humor) look out for a girl on a bike with a beer in her right hand and her left hand on the handle? She's trouble. Wait a minute, is it legal to drive a bike in AC with a beer in one hand?
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board