AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Jameela01 Road Name - 08/17/16 12:44 PM
Does anyone know the name of our new road running North of the bridge? ( need to know for mailing purposes)
Posted By: SimonB Re: Road Name - 08/17/16 01:17 PM
Mile X North, San Pedro, Belize
Posted By: Judyann H. Re: Road Name - 08/17/16 01:53 PM
Hello JameelaO1.....Our address for our business is different per vendor..... Our water bill is 2.5 Miles South San Pedro Town...Our phone bill is Black Orchid Mosquito Coast.... Our cable bill is Big Red building on the right...... However most everyone knows where the building is and where we live so they simply find us for deliveries.... Depending on your purpose for an address you may want to come up with a unique and easy name to remember for your home.....After a few months of deliveries everyone figures it out....For international mail delivery there are several options, depending what country your mail comes from ....Send me a PM if I can help you with this.....
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Road Name - 08/17/16 09:37 PM
James: I love Judyann's response. However, there is NO mail delivery. We all go to the post office; There only 200 boxes for the whole island until the post office moved last year (or was it more).

At that time they added some more - I think about 100. Do the math.

Most of us get out mail inside.
My address is my name, followed by the name of my place (Birdland) San Pedro Town (there is another San Pedro on the mainland) and Belize, Central America. Do not us CA for Central America, it will go to California where there is a town named San Pedro.

We are kinda behind the times, but some things, like this, we like it that way. Or anyway I do. Most correspondence is by internet.

Someone gets my mail for me at least once a month. Usually from the IRS. ha ha
Posted By: Shyboy Re: Road Name - 08/18/16 01:26 AM
One of these days Belize will establish a zip code system... That would be a real help with the websites like VRBO..
Posted By: elbert Re: Road Name - 08/18/16 01:20 PM
The small and personal nature of the island has let us get away with address like these.
It was wonderful to get mail with address like 'Elbert in San Pedro, Belize' but
this golden piece of charm will soon fade away.
Posted By: Katie Valk Re: Road Name - 08/18/16 02:33 PM
When our phone #'s were only 4 digits..
Posted By: Conch Creative Re: Road Name - 08/18/16 04:33 PM
In town and south, many places have road names. Our whole subdivision has road names.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Road Name - 08/18/16 05:05 PM
My utility-bill address used to be "somewhere north of the river".
About 24 years ago the town decided to give addresses to all the in-town buildings.
They had hand-painted signs with numbers on them, and handed them out to property owners on front, middle and back streets. It was a little exciting, but nothing came of it.

Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Road Name - 08/19/16 02:10 PM
I still see some of those wooden signs here and there; love them.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board