AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Internet Access

Posted By: dedl

Internet Access - 05/15/01 03:01 AM

Could someone explain how the internet access works in Belize? I heard that my AOL account will not work there, so how do I log on? Will I have to get another email address down there or what????
THANKS!!!
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl

Re: Internet Access - 05/15/01 05:15 AM

Dedl, there are several internet coffee bars you can go to and pay about $5US for 15 minutes access. You can log on no matter what your internet carrier is. I have AOL and was able to check my email anytime and write to my family while there. It will not be any problem.
Punta Rebel Girl
Posted By: dedl

Re: Internet Access - 05/15/01 07:07 PM

Thanks so much...I have been SO worried about AOL not being there.
Posted By: diann

Re: Internet Access - 05/17/01 07:43 PM

dedl... one thing you could do to save $$$ ~ if you're taking a laptop ~ is to type your letters, etc. ahead of time and put them in word docs, then you're time online isn't wasted typing. $5.00 for 15 minutes could add up!!! i mean, there seems to be soooo much to say and share about AC...
Posted By: ch'eel

Re: Internet Access - 05/18/01 03:08 AM

Diann,

Great advice! Recently I tried something a bit similar, in that I set up some e-mails to my wife ahead of my recent trip. But in these I set them up to be able to send her flower images in my e-mails from each of the four countries I would be in, but I left almost all of the messages to be written while I would be there. Although the flowers didn't transmit at all, unlike at home, what little I typed earlier did, along with the love letters I composed while on the road.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board