AmbergrisCaye.com Home

long distance calls

Posted By: KOZ FROM DENVER

long distance calls - 05/21/01 07:27 PM

Whats the word on calling long distance from AC...is it ultra rediculously expensive?

Does anyone know if you can buy phone cards before you get there?

I need to check on my kid once a day.
Posted By: B_b_f_b

Re: long distance calls - 05/21/01 07:35 PM

Calling to the US from San Pedro cost me $3.00 a minute from Banana Beach Hotel. I didn't think it was outrageous, could have been much worse - Argentina - $8.50 per minute. Try a phone card though, heard it's even cheaper.
Posted By: brentwood3336

Re: long distance calls - 05/21/01 07:53 PM

We found the above information accurate. However, we had our "kids" call us FROM the US at a set time. By using the dial-around of 1010-811 before the other numbers, it cost 69 cents per minute.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: long distance calls - 05/21/01 07:54 PM

we called our kids 3 times in 7 days. yes, it was expensive, but they are your kids, and what are youu going to do? it was hard just to get the at&t operator, but the calls were maybe $20 total. it was worth it for peace of mind.
Posted By: lmarquis

Re: long distance calls - 05/22/01 10:57 PM

I brought a pre-paid calling card and was charged only $1.50 to use the phone at my hotel. Just don't call your mother-in-law! Little joke.
Posted By: Suzan

Re: long distance calls - 05/24/01 04:49 PM

Brentwood, I am curious...when you use this dial around number, does it (whatever it is) search for the lowest international calling rate? Is this something I need to sign up for in advance? I need to make an international call this evening and it would be nice not to have to pay so much for it. Thanks
Posted By: M-A Gaffney

Re: long distance calls - 05/24/01 04:53 PM

www.1015335.com (USA to BZ @ .39/min - best I've found)
Posted By: Suzan

Re: long distance calls - 05/24/01 08:22 PM

M-A, I got a "This page cannot be displayed" message when I clicked on your link. Any ideas? Thnaks
Posted By: M-A Gaffney

Re: long distance calls - 05/24/01 09:16 PM

I got in this morning no problem . . . and now POOOF! They're gone. Try www.1010phonerates.com
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board