AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Cherie lobster??/beaches?? - 06/09/01 05:27 AM
Thanks again to all of you who answer these different questions. I think I read somewhere on this board about not being able to go into the water from the beach; only from the docks? Please clarify if I am having a senior moment. We will be at the Banana Beach hotel. I understand it has a lovely clean beach. Can you walk directly into the water. That sounds like such a dumb question. Also, I have been reading about the lobsters. Are they anything like Maine lobsters in their texture or taste. My guy likes lobster that is firm not muchy like some he has had in the Caribbean. I did visit the website for info on lobsters, but it didn't talk about flavors or taste. I feel so stupid asking these things. Usually you go on a trip and just hope for the best. The last few have been disappointing but, with all your help answering these things you make it really exciting and something to look forward to. Some of the pictures that some of you have turned in are wonderful. I'd love to buy you all a BEER! Cherie
p.s. That Pica Pica thing sounds scary. We will go on a couple of snorkel trips. Should we worry?

[This message has been edited by Cherie (edited 06-08-2001).]
Posted By: KC Re: lobster??/beaches?? - 06/09/01 06:10 AM
I'll take a stab at answering your questions, but others know more than myself... I think you can walk into the water off of any beach -- though you may not like the "feel" under your feet (squishy instead of sandy). Then again, depending on where you are, it might be fine, and you may not mind the feel.

I know nothing about the lobster taste, as it was not in season when we were there.

Don't worry too much about the pica pica. Cover yourself with sunscreen, and I think that'll protect you. At least that's what they told us. The outfit you snorkle with should give you info about protection, and what to do if you get any.

Relax and enjoy!

Kathy
Posted By: Marty Re: lobster??/beaches?? - 06/09/01 04:23 PM
Kathy did pretty well there, you can always walk right into the water, like she said, some beach areas have a better surface than others...

Mushiness lobster can come from many things. bad freezing job, if they got too warm before freezing, or it took too long to freeze them, it might have been a lousy cook! I have ruined them about evey way you can. Course I've cooked a million of them too.

whats really degenerate is to deep fry a few... man they are good though! I like em many different ways...

that dipping sauce at Elvis for the stone crab and lobsters is dy-no-mite!

Pica Pica are about played out for the year...
Posted By: Chloe Re: lobster??/beaches?? - 06/09/01 05:45 PM
Beaches, some resorts have a seawall, but many other's do not, so just walk abit.
The water is very shallow at the beach, so you do have to walk out to swim, that is why most say swim off the dock, where the water is deeper. I just wear my water shoes.

Lobster, is great, good texture, and a sweet taste. Prefer mine broiled, but had lobster everyway possible in San Pedro, except deep
fried, as Marty mentioned. But would try it deep fried too. So yummy.
Posted By: Cherie Re: lobster??/beaches?? - 06/09/01 08:04 PM
Too all, Thanks for the tips and encouragment. I feel better. Cherie
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board