AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Sooner Belize Bank - 07/07/17 03:11 PM
I have been told by Belize Bank that they will no longer take checks from US banks for deposits into their accounts. Are other banks in Belize also doing this?
Posted By: elbert Re: Belize Bank - 07/08/17 10:48 AM
No, just Belize Bank. I don't know why Belize Bank is having more difficulty than the other banks with the new regulations imposed by the US but it seems major.
I've used Belize bank for 25 years and like the bank, the people and how they did personal service but the US seems to have screwed them up and now it's all up hill trying to do business with them. Online is a total mess and a fail, they are asking for unreasonable detailed paperwork from their customers who now need to reapply for existing accounts and now changing account numbers for all accounts has added more of a mess.
I was surprised when the US Embassy advised me to use Atlantic Bank.
Posted By: katzgar Re: Belize Bank - 07/08/17 06:47 PM
Here is some background on whats going on but it is a year old. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/02/lord-ashcrofts-belize-bank-hit-wave-withdrawals-bbi offshore banking has long been a mainstay (Lord Ashcroft) of brit banking and the US is slowly closing it down.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board