AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Jameela01 Brightwater Condos - 08/11/17 09:28 PM
Does anyone know the status of this property? It seems like it could be beautiful, but it looks deserted.
Posted By: jcostick Re: Brightwater Condos - 08/17/17 06:35 PM
We own property that borders Brightwater Beach. We visited our property last fall and stopped at Brightwater.
These were beautiful condo when we visited them several years ago. On our last visit, they had been completely
gutted down to the bare concrete block walls. I have no idea how this happened. My guess is that they sat vacant
for a period of time, and everything not nailed down walked off.
Such a shame.
Posted By: Jameela01 Re: Brightwater Condos - 08/17/17 10:26 PM
We also own property in that area, so.... just wondering if there will be any development some day smile
Posted By: dabunk Re: Brightwater Condos - 08/17/17 11:03 PM
Do not count on it!
Posted By: Jameela01 Re: Brightwater Condos - 08/17/17 11:13 PM
You're always so positive with all of your comments..........Thank You!
Posted By: dabunk Re: Brightwater Condos - 08/18/17 12:46 PM
Well to follow up to your comment. We moved to Belize in 2002. I spent 2 years before that here on this forum and at Belize forums and others that are now defunct. When I asked lots of questions I often got 2 types of answers, the rose colored Belize is perfect never any problems here type, and later learning real answers, Belize has warts and problems as any country has. Since moving here with 3 kids, my wife, and my mom we have experienced many facets of Belize.

My youngest daughter was molested, our home was robbed twice by neighbors, my mom developed Alzheimers and passed away here from heart failure. had a good Belizean friend shot and killed, police never tried to or found his murderer, ripped off more times than I can remember. Why do I still live here and love Belize and her people? My neighbor took care of my mom like she was her own mother to assist us like we could never afford in the US. Belizean doctors came to our home to help with my mothers care and treatment. Our neighbors and friends love us, care for us and treat us like Belizeans. People just drop by unannounced, just to visit and stay for hours just to talk. The country has much to offer if you take the time to look.

Yes it has warts and nothing like this ever happened to us in the US but we do not want to run back, because real people on these forums helped us prepare for what life can really be like in Belize. Maybe nothing like this has happened to any of you. But I look back now and respect those who gave us realistic answers about Belize and hope we can do the same for others. Just my .02 on that
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Brightwater Condos - 08/18/17 03:58 PM
If my memory is anywhere correct, Brightwater was originally built at least 15 years ago. I recall meeting the person who bought the land and had the development in mind. There was no road, no electricity there at the time. I also recall that the person in question was inexperienced in development (also new to Belize) and somewhat underfunded. I don't think he had intentions of ripping people off, nor to fail, nor to loose his money. He also didn't listen very well when cautioned about the viability of this particular project at the time he was planning to build and develop.

Fast forward to today --- rumor has it that a well-known local developer purchased the property with the intention to refurbish and sell as condos. If this rumor is true, it would make sense for the developer to strip the place down to the walls, as very little from the original interior build would be suitable for a "new condo"sale project.

It's a pretty location and one day it may come back to life.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board