AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Treybo cool palapas? - 06/25/01 03:32 AM
We are visiting AC in 6 days, just wondering where a cool, laid back,fun bar to hang out would be. Any ideas???? Also, do you recommend taking travelers checks,cash or converting currency? what is something for the states that you wish you'd brought? what's the best activity that you did? what foods should we avoid? Is the water okay to drink? We are soooo excited & just want to be prepared to have a GREAT time!!!! Treybo
Posted By: OH IOSUZIE Re: cool palapas? - 06/25/01 05:13 AM
I was there in May and had a friend take me to a place called PAPI'S DINER. I would ask you to make a stop at this place for some great food. Tell him Beverly's friend Susan said hello if you go.
Posted By: silly Re: cool palapas? - 06/25/01 02:15 PM
Treybo,
Do a search for "AC Dining Guide" and it will list many of the places on the island.
I have printed this out to take with us this week when we leave!
Posted By: Debbie Re: cool palapas? - 06/25/01 02:34 PM
BC's Beach bar is the best place to "hang out" and the Palapa is THE place to go on Sunday afternoons......
Ditto on Papi's Diner. We ate there several times and were never disappointed. The food is fabulous, the menu good, the drinks were awesome and the prices were very reasonable. Papi will bend over backwards to make you happy. If you get to go fishing while there, be sure to let him cook your catch. It was $10!!!! This included seasoned rice and steamed veggies...... A bargain!
Debbie
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board