AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Costa Blu

Posted By: Bluebird

Costa Blu - 02/04/18 01:24 PM

Our group of 7 adults stopped at Costa Blu for a drink. We had to register with the reception and get wristbands in order to buy a drink. The bartender told us it was to keep LOCALS out. We didnít order and we wonít be back.
Posted By: dabunk

Re: Costa Blu - 02/04/18 10:58 PM

That is a pretty crappy place if they are doing that, I commend you!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Costa Blu - 02/05/18 01:59 PM

Could be something related to their type of liquor license.
Posted By: AC Lover

Re: Costa Blu - 02/05/18 02:34 PM

It has nothing to do with their type of liquor license. It is the same policy at I'tan Ha and the other Sandy Point resorts. They are not a friendly group of people.
Posted By: champion

Re: Costa Blu - 02/05/18 04:05 PM

I don't think even those staying at a Sandy point resort can freely go to another either.
Posted By: cracked up

Re: Costa Blu - 02/06/18 09:07 PM

Sandy Point property bars serves, or used to serve Lerskaa Vodka as their bar vodka, I wouldn't serve Lerskaa to someone I didn't like !!! and at a premium price...definitely very low standards.......
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Costa Blu - 02/07/18 04:13 PM

I went to Coco Beach to meet with a client and the same thing happened to me. I know many of the staff and they were highly apologetic and said they were required to make me sign in and wear a wristband. i am not sure what the band was for but I can say that when I bought a drink at the bar there was a Sandy Point realtor hanging around in the pool bar area that was approaching guests, perhaps to make a sale pitch, but I was given a wide berth. So maybe the bands are to define who should or should not be solicited.

Needless to say I have not gone back there and have no plans to place any of my clients in those resorts unless absolutely necessary.

Although the properties are stunningly beautiful and the staff are all great people the ambiance is exclusive and uninviting for locals. It does look just like a Sandals or Beaches ad. Guests are having fun in the sun.

I guess this is just a sign of the times as we see big business replacing our lovely mom and pop guest houses. The price of progress.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Costa Blu - 02/08/18 12:12 PM

Thanks for the updates on personal experiences. Good to know, sad to be so.
Posted By: elbert

Re: Costa Blu - 02/08/18 01:16 PM

Yes, I had dinner there several
times because it's close to my house but management and staff have changed, the food and service are so poor I won't go back. Hard to believe Sandy Point doesn't step in and fix it.
Posted By: WWIII

Re: Costa Blu - 02/13/18 04:05 AM

I was surprised when Costa Blu went adult only. Every time I have been there have been very small amount of guest. We were last there in November and did not have to wear bands. Kinda sad since my place is in between Costa Blu and X'Tan Ha.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board