AmbergrisCaye.com Home

cheap lodging

Posted By: uncertain

cheap lodging - 08/17/01 05:39 PM

We're arriving August 30 for 3 nights and I'd like to stay at an inexpensive place preferrably w/private bath. I heard Ruby's is great, but I also heard about Tomas Hotel that sounds nice & even less expensive. Do I need to make reservations in advance or can I just show up & decide then?

Also, is it worth doing tours to both Altun Ha & Lamani? I'd like to do both, but not if they're very similar tours.

Thanks.
Posted By: margarita

Re: cheap lodging - 08/17/01 05:59 PM

We stay budget at the Conch Shell Hotel //AmbergrisCaye.com/conchshell/index.html
Clean, on the beach, friendly family run. Great porch upstairs!
We get a room with a fridge to save money on beverages and snacks.
Belize it!
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: cheap lodging - 08/17/01 08:27 PM

In the budget category, besides Ruby's you might also look at the San Pedrano up the street, and possibly Lilly's. Also south of town the Hideaway. In late August/September, the slowest period of the year in Belize, you should be able to find a budget room without much of a problem, though Ruby's is often full.

If you are willing to pay just a little more, you can get SO much more at Coconuts, within walking distance south of town. The summer rates are a deal, and the rooms are large, attractive and A/C, on a nice stretch of beach.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First
Posted By: Marty

Re: cheap lodging - 08/17/01 08:40 PM

Check the lodging by price page, there are a few there listed that are quite inexpensive...
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/lodge/lodgingprice.html

There are some very reasonably priced rooms for the low cost traveller in some local hotels downtown, such as Marthas Hotel, //AmbergrisCaye.com/marthas/

San Pedrano Hotel- phone 2054, Milo's Hotel- phone 2660, and Tomas Hotel- 2061.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board