AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: martysue Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 08/25/01 06:10 PM
We're planning a trip to AC in Feb 2002. Does anyone have an opinion on the Sun Breeze vs. Ramon's or would the Victoria House be worth the splurge? We would like a nice pool and beach access. Thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 08/25/01 08:16 PM
You have a real apples to oranges comparison here. Ramon's is an expensive well advertised resort. Sunbreeze is a basic motel style accommodation.

Victoria House would be my top pick out of these three. Keep looking there are several more options as good as or better than Victoria house that won't break your bank if this is an issue...
Posted By: Scott Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 08/27/01 12:23 AM
Check out the new website for The Palms. It's next door to Ramon's and a GREAT place...
Posted By: mquan5127 Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 08/28/01 11:35 PM
I would take Sunbreeze. got everything you need and less expensive than Ramons!
Posted By: mamadoc Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 08/29/01 02:22 AM
i would take sunbreeze. manager and staff are teriffic. also, most important, it is much closer to the heart of town...a better location with local flavor but creature comforts at reasonable cost.
Posted By: Mr B Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 08/29/01 03:04 AM
I don't know what Mamadoc means by Sunbreeze being MUCH closer to town. If I remember correctly there couldn't be more than a couple of hundred yards seperating the two.
In my opinion I would pick Ramon's. It is in easy walking distance to town, sits on one of the better beaches, has the nicest pool on the caye, along with great rooms and a lively bar atmosphere Yes, it may be a little more expensive but often you pay for what you get!!
Posted By: silly Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 08/29/01 03:05 AM
My vote goes for Victoria House! It is small,classy, quiet, has a beautiful new pool and great bar! It really depends on what you want. They do have a shutttle going into town every night. We thought it was well worth the $.
Posted By: Mandy Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 09/02/01 12:25 AM
STAY AT SUNBREEZE! WE'VE STAYED IN BOTH AND WOULD NEVER STAY AT RAMON'S AGAIN. SUNBREEZE MANAGER AND ALL STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. THE RESTAURANT AT RAMON'S AND THE WAIT STAFF WERE SLOW AND FOOD NOT GOOD. ROOMS BETTER AT SUNBREEZE.
Posted By: Riley Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 09/05/01 07:33 PM
Sunbreeze rules. I'd stay there.
Posted By: Riley Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 09/05/01 07:33 PM
Sunbreeze rules. I'd stay there.
Posted By: ReneaGeorge Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 09/06/01 07:26 PM
I choose Ramon's over the others. It has great thatch hut cabanas, beautiful pool, restaurant, bar, great beach and just a very exotic & romantic feel to it.

Renea www.belize-vacations.com
Posted By: Gela Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 09/06/01 09:52 PM
I have stayed at SunBreeze and it is great. It's right across from the airport - the porter can bring a cart and help you with your luggage. It's right at the beginning of town, so you can walk to everything. If you upgrade to their deluxe room you'll get a jacuzzi tub and a better view of the ocean. The pool is nice (fresh water). The bar is so so (off season in May, they would close up early)but you're right next door to BC's which is the best there is!

You know what would be cool, if there was some sort of hotel finder program on this website that allowed you to input your requirements (room size, location, emenities, $$'s, etc) and it would come up with all the hotels that met your requirements. Then you could use the message board to get personal input. Well, it's just an idea.
Posted By: fave Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 09/07/01 12:40 AM
Hey Gela-
Check out the travelbelize.org website...they have something like that...you pick price, location, air conditioning...etc. and it lists the hotels that fit your pick.
As for the Ramon's/Sunbreeze debate...
I just stayed at Ramon's and loved it...but walked through Sunbreeze and thought it was nice as well...different atmosphere altogether, and much less expensive.
Posted By: canuckchick Re: Ramon's or SunBreeze? - 09/07/01 04:02 PM
martysue

we're stayin' at the sunbreeze in november for 10 days - will give a full report

I am sooooo excited that I could start walking there right now......if I left today.....oh wait, gotta get married in two weeks first, then the honeymoon....damn
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board