AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC?

Posted By: Barefoot girl

Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 02:41 AM

4 more days till we'll head for Ambergrise Caye. First time for me, second time for my honey. So what is the MOST fun thing any of you every did while in San Pedro? Come on, let it rip, spill your guts, we want to hear from YOU........ :-)

[This message has been edited by Barefoot girl (edited 10-04-2001).]
Posted By: BillandJeanne

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 02:47 AM

The most fun thing we did:
Here it goes....
Totally dorky...

We enjoyed all the things AC has that Baton Rouge does NOT!

Amazing snorkeling...deep sea fishing...laid back...NO TRAFFIC...lobster fest...beach picnics...kind people...wonderful scenery...BELIKINS...dusty streets...way too much lobster...yet, not enough lobster...cabbies in old mini-vans....golf carts on the main roads...

I guess my point here is - There are so many wonderful things... everyone on this board will have their most fun thing they absolutely love...

The thing is it is ALL "the most fun"!

However... if you sit back, and watch the world of AC go by...it all becomes something you absolutely must have on a visit!!!

And I must recommend the cabbies in the mini-vans, at least once!!!

[This message has been edited by BillandJeanne (edited 10-04-2001).]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 03:19 AM

Besides buying a house on a whim...
The best thing about AC was just sitting in some of the bars, (Crazy Canucks), drinking wonderful tropical drinks, meeting some of the coolest people in the world, and totally relaxing. The smells, the sounds, the smiles, just let them take over.
But our highlight is always a snorkle up at the north end. Very peaceful, not crowded, just hold hands and glide.
One night, walk with your honey out on a dock, lay down and look up at the stars. Amazing!
And for the ultimate rush-- buy a house on a whim!
Have fun!!!!!
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 06:09 AM

Getting up in time to be out at the end of a dock when the sun comes up.
Posted By: KC

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 07:19 AM

What ScubaLdy said..... plus having a steaming cup of coffee in hand. [Linked Image]

Kathy
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 08:06 AM

JUST BEING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 01:32 PM

Rent a golf cart and EXPLORE the island!!!! Early afternoon, go to the Playador, have a drink and work your way south stopping at every bar you come across (beach side) until you get to Fido's or Paradise....or all the way to the Palapa!!! And EVERYTHING listed above!! C
Posted By: margarita

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 02:03 PM

Beach BarBQ with fresh catch.
Night snorkeling at Hol Chan.
Posted By: Over_40_Pirate

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 02:55 PM

ONE THING??? Hell, my trip report took 7 days to write! If you do all the things we did, you will be happy, tired, hungover, satiated, and full! Look up my trip report and read... [Linked Image]
Posted By: JohnF

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 03:38 PM

Breakfast at Estel's by the Sea (Cheese Omelet, Bacon and Fryjacks) at sunrise. Nothing beats watching the sunrise from Estel's by the Sea. Also, dinner at Capricorn followed by the boat ride at night back to the north end for some pretty amazing stars and night sky.
Posted By: CAPTAIN bigzeke

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 05:02 PM

Man is that an easy question.....falling off the bar stool at BC's of course!
Posted By: Barefoot Skinny

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 09:32 PM

hmmmm.... mudwrestling! With my kids!
Posted By: helmsman

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/05/01 11:50 PM

Go out fishing/snorkeling with a local guide...stop for lunch way up north and have a fish stew that he's prepared from the morning's catch...lie back in the sun, tummy full...ah, heaven!
Posted By: sscubabob

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/06/01 02:30 PM

There are so many simple things:
Snorkle Ho Chan is a must, one of the best I've seen (I Scuba however).

Breakfast/lnch/dinner at Estel's, one of the most scenic down town beaches (sail boats, no commercial boats out front). Estel took quite a bit of my money on her inexpensive beer..that's alot of beer.

Hanging out at night, eating at street venders.

Driving golf cart up to the north end on the north-end plywood highway. Stop at the nice restaurant Basels? and sit up on the upper deck. Great food and relaxing. Razzing Crazy Canuck.

I recommend Scuba, remember, you can dive without certification through certain programs 1:1 with a dive master. Try it. Belize has some of the best shallow reefs.

Most over rated: Fidos.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/06/01 06:53 PM

Fido's may well be overrated... but if Barefoot is there, make that stop!! He is worth it!
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Poll: What is the single most fun thing not to miss in AC? - 10/06/01 10:50 PM

Forget the rating system.......Fido's with Barefoot Skinny is a "MUST". Fido's in the middle of town is a good central place to meet and greet, and have some fun, walk in the street side door, enjoy and leave thru the beach side door.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board