AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Fly Fishing for a client

Posted By: SusanVanness

Fly Fishing for a client - 01/22/20 04:40 PM

Hello,

We spent Christmas & NYE in A.C. and Caye Caulker (2nd time there last year). I own a travel agency here in Denver and needed some quick help. I have a friend who loved our pics and wants to book a trip to Belize. He is an avid fly fisherman but his girlfriend doesn't fish! I would like to send them to A.C. but need to know which resort(s) have good shore snorkeling. Also, what is the best way to get to Turneffe from A.C. and how long does it take? He would like to go once maybe twice.

Thank you very much!!!
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Fly Fishing for a client - 01/22/20 05:23 PM

There is not really any great snorkeling right off shore of AC or CC. There is some snorkeling under the piers at Ramon's or Royal Palms but for the best snorkeling you need to take a boat tour out to the reef. If they stay far North, they can kayak out to the reef and snorkel from there but only far N where there is less boat traffic. There is not a way from AC to Turneffe. All the Turneffe resorts provide boat transportation from Belize City. They could probably charter a boat from AC but it would be very very expensive. El Pescador is a great fishing resort on AC. There will be plenty for the wife to do on AC, and she can book a snorkeling tour or 2.
Posted By: Maya House

Re: Fly Fishing for a client - 01/23/20 05:20 AM

I would say the best snorkeling from the beach is Tranquility Bay Resort. I find the snorkeling to be amazing there. And they can absolutely set-up fly fishing on Ambergris.
Turneffe might not be the easiest, but it's definitely do-able. https://www.turnefferesort.com/
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board