AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Restaurants

Posted By: mark0716

Restaurants - 12/03/01 05:44 AM

I have been following this board for a while, and am planing a trip to AC in early February. Every once in a while somebody mentions a restaurant or two, but there has not been a good discussion of the various eateries. My fondest memories of my trip in 1998 include spending an evening at Elvies (?). I remember that the food was pretty good and the band was pretty bad. But it was great dancing on the sand floor and having waiters pour rum drinks down our throats.

Is it still the same? Are there other places with sand floors and dancing music? What are the in places now?
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Restaurants - 12/03/01 11:46 AM

Hey Mark--

Our first trip was in '98!!! We have eaten at Elvi's every trip since then, As far as I know they do not pour Rum punch down your mouth no more!!!! But still a great place to eat!!! For breakfast: Estels or Ramon's,Hideway Hotel, for lunch almost anyway!!! and for dinner Papi's, Jade garden, Elvi's at the Holiday, Ambergris Delight, or your pic,

just out thoughts,, Thanks, Rick
Posted By: Gaz Cooper

Re: Restaurants - 12/03/01 12:22 PM

Some of my favorite restaurants are

Capricorn located 5 minutes by boat North of San pedro also rendevous is also a very nice restaurant also located North.

Of course Elvis is always a favorite as is Mickeys Place (excellent Lobster).

Have a great time

regards

Gaz Cooper
Playa Blanca Beach Resort
where you can have own your own income producing Beachfront casita from just $396 per month. www.playablancabelize.com
Posted By: Alyse

Re: Restaurants - 12/03/01 05:23 PM

Estelle's is closed on Tuesdays. Rico's at Villas at Banyan Bay had a great breakfast. We also had breakfast one morning at Cannibal's in town.

Alyse
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board