AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/29/20 10:46 AM

Who came on the mystery plane out of Saint Luis, Missouri in the USA on July 10th? That passenger then went on to San Pedro for business.

The press has been after this information for a month - but it's been closely guarded by the Civil Aviation Department. And, it seems even the Prime Minister had to drill down to get the info. We wanted to ask him about it at last week's press conference but we were shut down by the moderator after only two questions. Today, one of our colleagues did ask, and here's what the PM disclosed:

Rt. Hon. Dean Barrow - Prime Minister
"I have the name of the individual that came. I think the flight originated out of St. Louis. There is no question but that in terms of getting the clearance for the flight Minister Heredia from San Pedro did assist. He makes no apologies about that, because the person who came is a significant investor in Ambergris Caye. He has 20 million dollar investment called "Salt" something. Again, it's a pity that you never ask last week when I had all the information at hand. But in any event that easily I can send it to you afterwards, the name of the tourism investment that the individual has are going on Ambergris Caye and he also owns 2 additional premises. He is the owner of a penthouse and he is the owner of a condo. His itinerary was such that he had come to check on the new investment that had been started in to which I am told already 20 million US dollars have been poured, but he stayed at his condo which is maybe a mile or so away from the site of the investment. He limited himself to going back and forth between the 2 places as far as we can tell and after something like 10 days or so he went back out of the country. Although question of his circulating in the wider Ambergris Caye community and based on the protocol that we had develop about which we spoke in some detail last week there was nothing wrong with that flight and there was no lapse of judgement. There was no omission, there was no violation of any of the rules. End of story."

Channel 7

Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/29/20 04:26 PM
I am quite confounded that the person that actually traveled and created such scandal and controversy and did not seem to have any issues with allowing the court of public opinion pin the blame on another local developer who received much bad will, bad press and harm to his reputation and disharmony in our community.

I see no issue with someone following all protocols and coming to the island legally - but when it became some kind of coverup that cast negative aspersions against others it sure seems to me that someone with a political agenda caused this nefarious outcome.

I hope "Salt something" apologizes to people and businesses that were harmed and negatively impacted by his silence.
Posted By: bywarren Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 11:19 AM
The investor "An American-born developer, originally from Branson, Missouri made a life in San Pedro 30 years ago, and is now a proud Belizean citizen."
There is the saying: "sometimes the cover up is worse than the crime".
Posted By: 1bzman Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 11:33 AM
The investor is Kevin Knasel. He is from Branson. He is Flynt Ray's partner in Salt Life development 4 miles south of town. Also of Paradise Ice Cream, Casa Picasso and Black Orchid. He lives in Branson and not a resident of Belize.
Posted By: bywarren Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 12:06 PM
So the information on their web page is inaccurate.
Posted By: 1bzman Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 03:07 PM
Warren, you don't believe everything your read on a web page do you? What I wrote is true. Flynt has his citizenship, not Kevin.
Posted By: bywarren Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 03:14 PM
Sorry. I am still confused. So which one of the investors/developers is the info on the web page referring to?
Posted By: 1bzman Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 03:25 PM
Kevin is the investor, he very big in timeshares. Flynt has been here on the island on and off for 30 years more so recently because of his new partnership with Kevin. Flynt was involved with Jeff Pierce at Reef Village.
Posted By: bywarren Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 03:30 PM
Ok, thanks. I guess if Flynt was also from Branson that would make the info on the web page correct.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 05:32 PM
Wow 30 years is a long time. Almost as long as we have all been around old bywarren. Indeed the unnecessary and harmful to others cover up sure got messy fast for absolutely no discernible reason.
Posted By: bywarren Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/30/20 05:50 PM
Well, if indeed this Flynt Ray guy is also from Branson, that is nothing to hold against him. Now the part of his resume about being involved with Jeff Pierce and Reef Village might be best left off.
Posted By: kathyw Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/31/20 01:54 AM
I wonder how much of the 20 million were in bribes?
Posted By: cracked up Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/31/20 03:49 PM
you should keep wondering...

Flynt's only involvement with Pierce was acquiring the sand hauling business, little
to do with Reef Village... Mr. Knasel is a low key, humble businessman
Posted By: kathyw Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/31/20 03:58 PM
But many don't have to wonder...
Posted By: bywarren Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 08/31/20 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by cracked up
you should keep wondering...

Flynt's only involvement with Pierce was acquiring the sand hauling business, little
to do with Reef Village... Mr. Knasel is a low key, humble businessman

Does that mean Mr. Knasel reminds you of President Trump?
Posted By: Marty Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 09/01/20 10:20 AM
Details On Investor Who Came To Belize

In Friday's press conference, the Prime Minister has followed up with the information he promised to share on the investor who felt into San Pedro in early July. The name is Kevin Knasel - who we gather is a real estate developer from Saint Louis Missouri in the United States. The Prime Minister says he is the developer of the "Salt Lake" project in Ambergris Caye.

He came to Belize on his private jet out of Missouri, which then left with the pilot after Knasel disembarked. The Prime Minister says he brought his negative PCR test and stayed at his penthouse at Milo's apartments - located south of San Pedro Town.

The PM reports, quote,
"Knasel remained on island for 10 or so days then returned to the US on his private plane. There are no reports of his having any Covid problems since returning to the US." End quote.

Channel 7
Posted By: Marty Re: The Investor Who Came On The Plane - 09/04/20 11:03 AM
Mysterious private flight on July 10th brought foreign investor to Ambergris Caye

Prime Minister Barrow broke the news about the private flight from Texas, USA, with potential investors heading to San Pedro on Wednesday, August 5th, during a virtual press conference. He said that at the time of sharing the report, he had not reviewed it with Civil Aviation for accuracy. A check with Civil Aviation indicated that the flight never came, and Barrow later apologized.

Barrow indicated that there was nothing wrong with the private flight, no omissions, and no violations of any rules. He even mentioned that the minister in charge of the Civil Aviation Department, Honourable Manuel Heredia Jr., assisted in getting the aircraft's clearance to bring the investor to Belize. Barrow indicated that the investors brought his PCR negative test and, while on the island, reportedly stayed at his condo and avoided circulating. According to the Prime Minister, the current COVID-19 outbreak on Ambergris Caye cannot be associated with the investor's visit. "He has a $20 million dollar investment," Barrow said. "He also owns two additional premises, a penthouse, and a condo. His itinerary was to check on the new investment." Barrow added that after some ten days or so, he left the country. According to records from the Civil Aviation, the same aircraft that brought him on July 10th returned to Belize on July 21st, this time originating from Naples, Florida, USA.

The fact was that a private flight did come, but Heredia went on record on August 7th, stating otherwise. He made it clear that a private plane did not land in the country with potential investors traveling to the island. "They can check the Department of Civil Aviation, Concession Company, Immigration, and Customs, and they will find out that it was a mistake that the Prime Minister made," said Heredia.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board