AmbergrisCaye.com Home

2nd week of February

Posted By: mark0716

2nd week of February - 12/30/01 06:06 AM

Anybody going to be in AC the second week of February? We will arrive 2/9, and will be at Ramon's. Would like to find others who will be diving.
Posted By: GRAFFICE

Re: 2nd week of February - 12/31/01 01:19 AM

WE'LL BE THERE 10TH THRU 15TH.HAVE A COUPLE OTHER BELIZEAN ADVENTURES PRIOR TO SP- GOING TO PLACENCIA AND CAULKER BEFORE ARRIVAL AT THE ISLAND. DID YOU KNOW IT WILL BE CARNIVAL TIME?LET US KNOW AND WE'LL TRY TO HOOK UP. OUR EMAIL IS LISTED-----HAVE FUN DUANE AND BARB
Posted By: snowbird

Re: 2nd week of February - 12/31/01 05:06 PM

We'll be there also - no diving tho, we'll be snorkeling, sailing and just enjoying! Stop by Lily's porch one night, we'll be hanging there. [Linked Image]
Posted By: CandaRJ

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/17/02 06:35 AM

My wife and I will be in Ambergris Caye on Feb. 15/16 and possibly the 17. We are going to be in belize for about 11 days touring as much as we can. The two of us are very interested in diving. In Fact, we are looking to get togther with a group of fun people to dive the Blue Hole with. From what I understand you need a minimum of 6 people to go on that 3 tank dive. (our first choice for taking this dive is Feb. 16 (cost approx. $185 US each)) Let me know if you are interested in joining us, and/or any diving information which you have found.
thanks, RJ and Jen
Posted By: Bubbles

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/17/02 08:22 AM

I will be in San Pedro 7th-23rd and have a lot of diving lined up (and maybe a party or two). Email me at [email protected] and we'll connect.
Posted By: Jack-A-Roe

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/17/02 04:38 PM

Like snowbird, we're not diving but just enjoying all the rest that San Pedro has to offer from 2/13-22. We're right next door at the Mayan Princess so maybe we'll give a yell at Lily's. We stayed at Lily's last year and really enjoyed the top porch. And we also spent alot of time at BC's munching down the great chicken burritos for lunch, along with some very tastey beverages, all served by the beautiful Jennifer. Can't wait. Less than a month to go!
Posted By: Canuk-tuk

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/17/02 09:26 PM

Me and the missus will be there till the 16th. I enjoy diving, still a novice. Missus only snorkles. Want to do the blue Hole as well. Staying at Bananna Beach. Maybe we'll connect. Maybe have to tip one or two. Can't wait.
Posted By: frozen north

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/18/02 12:39 AM

We are down there until Feb.18 and will be doing some diving as well.
Haven't done a lot of diving so not sure if we will tackle the Blue Hole, just enjoy the easy dives.
Staying by Banyan Bay.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/18/02 12:58 AM

Has anyone heard anything about Barefoot Diving? (Possitive or Negative) I'm looking into the package which includes 5 dives and an overnight at Sanborne Caye.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/18/02 01:37 AM

Looks like there are going to be a lot of party animals on AC next month. We have done some research, and I think Debbie and I will be diving through Hustler. They had very good recommendations and the best prices.

I have done the Blue Hole and its great, but Debbie is going to want to do some tamer things, at least at first [but she's not a woosey]. We would like to meet for diving or just to meet. We keep hearing about all of the great libations, so I assume that will be a part of the meeting.

Email is [email protected]

Debbie and Mark

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/18/02 02:43 AM

THE NUMBERS ARE GETTING BIGGER AND I STILL THINK WE CAN WIN THE HIDDEN PRIZE FOR MOST PEOPLE ON THE BOARD TO GET TOGETHER IN ONE VISIT!!!! IT'S JUST THE COORDINATION THING THAT GETS TOUGH.I THINK I'M COUNTING 8-12 PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD.

MARK AND I HAVE MADE CONTACT AND I HAVE COUPLE OTHERS FROM SOME PREVIOUS THREADS.I THINK WE'RE GONNA TRY BC'S ON THE 10TH FOR AFTERNOON DRINKS AND SEE IF WE MAKE IT TO THE WORLD FAMOUS BBQ!! MY EMAIL IS [email protected] MARKS IS LISTED SO HOPE TO SEE SOME NEW FRIENDS DUANE

P.S. MARK DID YOU HEAR FROM KAREN?

Jim can ya leave this one on if I promise to practice better keyboardind? [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by GRAFFICE (edited 01-17-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/18/02 09:24 PM

The sailors of Jack-A-Roe can be found most afternoons at BC's doing what sailors are very good at: consuming copious amounts of rum. We'll be there for the Sunday BBQ on the 17th - look for the red Mount Gay hats!
Posted By: Mandy

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/19/02 04:49 AM

Dive with Amigos. Eat lobster before it's out of season! We're so jealous. AC is awesome.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/19/02 06:12 PM

Count us in for the BC's sunday. There are four of us and look forward to making it the biggest party ever.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/21/02 06:20 PM

darn, we don't get in til the 11th late afternoon. hate to miss a get-together, maybe another day/nite also??

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/22/02 02:59 AM

SNOWBIRD- saw your post about carnival...we are also very interseted in what will be going on. let's wait on the reply's to that and try to put something together for one of those days.you can reach us email at [email protected] later duane
Posted By: Mike and Daphne Ryan

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/22/02 09:15 PM

Add two (or three) more!

We'll be there Feb 8 - 18, tryin' out our new place just built at El Pescador Villas. We'll see whether we can make the BC's party. Can't see why not.

Might bring an even older geezer than me (my step father) if he can make it.

Maybe have another party after the 10th at our place, just North of White Sands. Three bedrooms, a 25 foot square dancin' room, a porch 10 feet by 25 feet. Maybe we'll find out how many people it can hold.

We won't be diving this trip, though. Gotta learn first, they tell me, but we'll be bringing our guitar, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, and flute.

Michael the Monster

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/22/02 09:17 PM

P.S.

I'll play my new song, "It's Hard to Play the Blues in Belize" --- See how many people can stand it.

MtM
Posted By: jkdiver

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/22/02 09:48 PM

CanadaRJ,

I dove with Barefoot Diving and LOVED IT. They have the biggest boats on the island, all with rear-entry platforms. They are good people and the dive master, Carlos was great! Good briefings and there were at least 2 dive guides on every dive. Felt safe at all time. There were always snack between dives, lots of water and juice. On the longer day trips, there was lots of food and good conversation.

I will definitely dive with them again.

JoAnn
Posted By: Vicki

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/22/02 09:49 PM

hi ya'll,
i will be leaving thursday, so will miss the big party in feb! have a great time!! the husband butch will be on island until feb 12th. buy him a panty ripper if you meet him!
hope to get back in may...
vicki

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/23/02 01:29 AM

Mike - I sure hope you make it mostly cuz I love to hear stories from songwriters.Sounds like we're getting a preety good crowd assembled but.....I've seen what can happen if the night before gets a little rough!!Let's hope for the best and really can't wait duane

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/23/02 05:42 PM

Duane, I did hear from Karen. She thought Hustler was a good choice.

Someone should put up a big sign at BCs so all of the board people will be able to gather around.

Mark

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/23/02 09:23 PM

Counting the sleeps now....sounds like a good idea to have a spot at BC's for the people on this board. Would like to say Hi to all that post messages here.
See you all soon.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/23/02 11:21 PM

Will anyone still be around the next Sunday, 2/17? We will not be there on 2/10 but would love to do a "round two" the next Sunday.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 01:35 AM

This is getting realy good!! We need one of the board veterans or possibly Mike and Daphne who appear soon to be regulars to give us some ideas getting up a sign somewhere. If we are lucky Marty or Chloe or ??? may have a thought also. See everyone then!!! duane
Posted By: JmHanna

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 02:22 AM

I'll Be There/Here!!!!
Jim
Posted By: Chloe

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 03:12 AM

YOU ASKED THE RUGHT PERSON HERE>
I love the 2nd week of February that is my B Day week, and was on Ambergris last year at that time. I can volunteer to stand with the SIGN outside of Sunbreeze and Cafe Ole, and everyone arriving by Tropic Air will see the sign.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 01-23-2002).]
Posted By: Rhon

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 04:09 AM

Ok..ok...we are going to be there from the 15th until the 2nd of March but I don't know if I can handle all this excitement! LOL
If we didn't have a six year old in tow we may have wandered over to BC's to check it all out. I will still definately have to check out "the blue stuff" I keep hearing about however. [Linked Image] Hmmm...what kind of age range of crowd are we talking here? 6 to 60 hopefully??? Looking forward to our return trip!!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 04:22 AM

Rhon, go ahead to BC's with the 6 yr old, take along sand shovel and pail, the sand is quite soft and deep by BC'S, just a few feet from your bar stool, your child can play while you enjoy the Blue Stuff.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 05:23 AM

Ok Chloe but first you MUST tell me WHAT is in the blue stuff [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 05:30 AM

The Blue STuff is Blue Curacao an orange flavored liqueur, which is only 30 proof.
But if you mix all those other diesel fuel items that Choochoo adds, find a baby sitter for the Child. LOL
Posted By: Belizeagain

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 04:48 PM

Hey -- this is my first time posting on this board, but I've been a lurcher for about a year! You all are great - interesting - funny -- entertaining. I will be in AC for time #3 Feb 8 thru the 24th. I'm traveling with a girlfriend this year - leaving the guys behind! We will be at BC's on the 10th for sure. I can't wait for the blue thingys!Actually I like the panty rippers better! At least I think I do! We're meeting a group that we met last year so I'm going to bring them too. Count on us.... 2 to 6 more at BC's on Sunday. BC's rocks!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 05:51 PM

jack-a-roe

We'll be there on Sunday the 17th (our last full day).

As for age, I think we're very disparate here, but similar in spirit. The coefficient of goofiness on this board seems high enough that it's unlikely to be significant. I'm 65, Daphne's 55. Most of our friends are old hippies or their children (who are getting really interesting about now).

Anyway, we're looking forward to the Board meeting.

(I've really got to try one of those "tidy bowl" things. Hell, I even put it in the song. Might as well have one.)

See you there!!!

Michael the Monster

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 01-24-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 06:03 PM

Thanks for letting me in on the secret Chloe. I guess that is why they put the bar stools by the sand , huh?? I think I will have to stick to the rum [Linked Image]
It looks like most people will be there the 10th....Jack-A Roe you mentioned the 17th that is when we will be there. Anyone else going to be there that day?

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 06:22 PM

P.S. to duane --

I wrote a a couple songs back in the sixties and then just did sonnets from time to time. Started wrting songs again last May (I finaly got "finale")). Got ten now (when I finish the music for "Chaos Diffracting Through Our Minds"). My stories are more likely to be about sailing and flying airplanes.

MtM

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 01-24-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 08:29 PM

Great, I'm counting Mike and Daphne, Rhon and ourselves (Bev and John) so far for the 17th. I'd be more than willing to set up a sign at BC's but do not remember what time the BBQ usually gets going. Last year we were probably there early and getting pretty happy before the food was served!
Posted By: SunChaser

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 08:51 PM

Well, I am going to be at Sunbreeze from the 6th through the 11th....so count me and hubby in on Sunday! Several folks traveling with us....how big is this place?? Do I have to bring my own tiny umbrella for the drink??

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 08:53 PM

Part of our group will still be there the 17th - we have 8 but all are coming and going at different times so if don't make the 10th, count some of us in for the 17th (and/or both!)

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 09:26 PM

I plan on being there. Got a crew with us (about 8) going to try to entice them to come with me. [Linked Image] Do I need to bring my own little umbrella for my drink?

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 11:36 PM

Think it is agreed that this happening is on the 10th and we have the place..but has anyone said a time or is there a special time for the BBQ?
We will be looking for that sign.
We will also still be there on the 17th so we can do it all again...mind and body willing....hahahaha
This party is starting to sound like a full moon party in the BVI...thats a great party and we can see if we can out do that one....

[This message has been edited by frozen north (edited 01-24-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/24/02 11:46 PM

How about 5 pm on the 10th? Too early?

(SunChaser, are you going down on Ambassadair?)

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 12:12 AM

Man, this looks great!

snowbird, frozen north, Rhon, Jack-a-Roe --- Toes and I can definitely do it on the 17th with the late-comers.

Let's make sure that we have a plan (OK, scheme) for the 17th set up before Feb 7, cause we'll be board-incommunicado when we get down there.

We can go to the internet cafe, I guess, but we really don't want to look at any screens on vacation -- after 35 years in the software business it gets old. ('course, there weren't any screen when we started out. guess we should count our blessing.)

Anyway, we're at El Pescador Villas, villa #2.

This will be a blast.

MtM

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 02:38 AM

Just one more time we need help from the sign toting bd regular.... that will be you CHOLE!!! Give us a good time to meet that will go with the bbq festivities. I'm thinkin' 5:00 might be a little late but know that you and PIER LOUNGE can ad expertise. hopefully the time gets locked in by Saturday as I suspect some people will beleaving this weekend. Can't wait Duane

MIKE- I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU! I'M THE CHILD OF YOU FRIENDS [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 04:33 AM

OK.......here's how it works best......be at BC's by noon for BBQ......about 2:00 head up to the Palapa Bar.........then about 5:00 go to Pier Lounge, if all will follow this, I will not have to carry that dang sign for days..........(print it). LOL Have a great time.......I know you will.

NOW IF FIDO'S would just put up a chalkboard so all Boarders could sign in, with info on where they can be found.......that would help all of us.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 01-24-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 04:10 PM

Ok It sounds like 12 on the 10th! Mike: too bad you won't be there that day. My group are all the 50's ex hippie group! We're all a little wider with a little less hair! Some of us will still be there the 17th so we may stop by then also!
Chloe: I think a sign-in board at Fidos is an excellent idea!
I'm sure Ernie will enjoy this board meeting! See you all on the 10th.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 04:31 PM

Hey! We'll BE there on the 10th! AND the 17th! Don't rub us out! We arrive on the 8th, and possibly my step-father will arrive on the 9th. He's a goofy little Scotsman with bizzare eyebrows who can still see out of one eye. He met my mother (long after I was grown up) at a nudist camp.

CHLOE -- THE PLAN LOOKS GREAT! Too bad rickcheri won't be there, or KC.

Duane - Can't wait to meet you guys. Just about done with the melody and chords to "Chaos Diffracting Through Our Minds". Just need to write the part for the one line that modulates back into C from D. It's pretty subversive in a weird cultural way.

Here's one verse:

At last the rainstorm's ended,
and the lovely rainbow comes,
A beauty more than any hand has wrought.
They say it's just refraction, though,
From water in the air,
There's really nothing there,
It's only sunlight by some droplets caught.
Well, maybe that's just Chaos
Diffracting through our minds,
And the Rainbow is as real as any thought.

[copyright J. Michael Ryan 2002] (Just for safety)

Showed Squeezy Toes the printout from this thread last night. She loves it.

See you guys on the 10th.

MtM

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 01-25-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 04:35 PM

Mark- American and Mayan Air (as far as I know).....arriving at 2:30 on the 6th!!!! 12 more dayz!!!!
Posted By: Wakeboard

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 05:23 PM

Count us in! We'll be there with Sunchaser. We have a group of six that is staying at The Palms from the 6th-12th. We're also in our 12 day countdown [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 05:38 PM

Has anybody warned the Beach Club about this? Does anybody have to? Might they run out of little umbrellas?

(So many questions, so little thought.)
Posted By: candybrown023

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 05:47 PM

Wow!! Sounds like quite a party's brewing up for BCs on the 10th. My boyfriend and myself will be in SP at the Banana Beach the 8th-13th so count in 2 more for the "board meeting". This is our first trip to Belize so maybe you guys can point us in the right direction for those "you gotta do while your here" activities. We would love to meet all you old hippies, party animals, etc...

Candy

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 05:54 PM

And this all began with such an innocent question ---

"Anybody going to be in AC the second week of February? ..."

There's a lesson in this for all of us. if anybody figures out what it is, post it!

MtM

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 06:07 PM

That you can make friends and plan a party with 30+ people on the Internet?? CHEERS!!

(had to change the number)... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SunChaser (edited 01-25-2002).]
Posted By: kathyw

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 06:59 PM

Leaving Salt Lake the 31st. thru the 22nd. Count on (2) more. (6) days and freezing while counting.
Kathy
Posted By: KC

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 07:35 PM

Awww, Gee, Mike. Thanks for thinking of me. I will be there the first week of March, with many family and friends in tow. This will be the first trip back for my hubby and I together, since we first set eyes on Ambergris Caye exactly one year prior. In fact, he has not even seen our house since completion. He's gunna love it, and I can't WAIT!
KC

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 08:43 PM

KC --

Well, maybe next year for you. Next year we've committed to some time in late January. Bringing our friend Pam from Boston, and somebody else, too, we hope.

I'll e-mail you from home with the spreadsheet on the whole cost of furnishing the place.

Michael (tM)

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 09:25 PM

This has taken on a life of its own now...from that first question...now look!!!
So is noon the appointed hour for the "board meeting" ???
We only have 9 more sleeps and with the snow coming down now like crazy we can hardly wait.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 09:43 PM

Frozen North - we have had one good snowfall here in NC....close to a foot...that is all the snow I want to see for this year..... bound for the ISLAND!!!!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 09:47 PM

kathyw,

Sounds like you are escaping the craziness of the Olympics! Don't blame you. AC will be much more relaxing.

Wish I could join you all for the "Board meeting". Sounds like a GREAT time!!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/25/02 10:03 PM

sunchaser --

Looks like you'll have to keep updating that note.

Maybe Marty can put some code in to update it everytime someone else says their coming. I'll be glad to develop a natural language parsing routine for him (at exhorbitant consulting fees, of course).

ROTFL

MtM

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 03:52 AM

I was just looking back at the original post - at Mike's directive. I am truly amazed.Hopefully we can get Mark of the original post to blow off his diving for that day,I'll email him direct tonight.I can't keep track of the number's but know it will be a big time.I'm sure Jim has told BC"S we're in the market!!

CHOLE-you have been the greatest help in allowing us to get the timing down-when you say birthday week does that mean I buy you a drink each time I see you?

Mike-Bring your ax and we can all help with the song!!

EVERYONE ELSE KEEP SMILIN' AND LOOK FOR BARB AND DUANE ON THE 10TH!!! LATE MASS [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 04:42 AM

Oh Bummer....I am really pouting now [Linked Image]. We will be there the 15th through March 2nd..16 days but will miss the the big event on the 10th. Ok...any of you still hanging in for the 17th?? At any rate when we arrive I will be sure to ask EXACTLY what went on the week before and is there any RUM to be found on the island still?? Leave me some guys, ok????

Have fun!! Rhonda

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 04:57 AM

Hey Rhon,
Don't get your panties in a wad! There will be plenty of us old hippies left over on the 17th!
We'll just call it an 'instant replay!'
See you on the 17th!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 05:08 AM

Ok Belizeagain...I am perking up again..haaa..I was just REALLY worried about the rum supply but I am ok now....I laugh when I see the # of posts for this one! Amazing. A great time of the year to escape the cold northeast! Can't wait!! See ya' there...Rhonda

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 05:14 AM

Rhon!
doesn't this sound like fun?
My poor husband is standing behind me watching this post wishing he coule be ther too!
We will sooooo be there (well not my husband,but the rest of us ) on the 17th! I want to hear Mike sing and play his song. It looks great!
I absolutely cannot wait to be WARM! 14 days and counting
N

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 05:37 AM

Wait a minute Belizeagain...you get to leave your husband home??? <joke> [Linked Image] It will be three of us, myself, husband and child if you noticed my earlier posts among the many!! It sounds great!Is this your first trip? This is our second but it has been two years. The board is so great for refreshing my memory and also finding out where the new places are. I don't think we went to BC's the last time...looking forward to it.Yes! Mike looking forward to meeting you and your hippie friends! [Linked Image] Rhonda

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 05:46 AM

Rhon;
Nope, this is my third yesr in a row! I went first year with a g-friend and last yeat with my hubby! He really loved it in ac. but no vaca time! bummer! oh well i'm coming back this year with a girlfriend. I absolutely LOVE it in ac. If I could stay there forever and forget the software biz that's where I'd be!
Anyway I'll see you on the 17th, we'll have plenty of the 'blue thingy's' to make us really really smart!
14 days and counting!
Nancee
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 03:25 PM

Don't forget the Palapa on Sunday after BC"S!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/26/02 07:08 PM

Debbie and I are going to change our schedule and dive in the morning on the 10th. We're afraid if we get to BCs too late, there won't be any Tidy Bowl left. Couldn't we call it something else? Tidy Bowl does not have the right ambiance. I have not had this drink. Is it mild? Maybe we could call it Blue Lagoon. If its strong, it could be Blue Lightning or simply San Pedro Martini. By the way, if we start drinking these things at noon, who is going to carry us to the next stop or back to our hotels for that matter?

Anybody got any name tags?

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/27/02 07:48 PM

jkdiver
You are soooooooooooo right. We are getting out of here during the big mess. They're telling us, road delays possible up to 4 hours. Its bad enough here, now with all the construction and all the new road closures. The drivers here are the worst, can't imagine what its going to be with a million more drivers, not knowing where they are going.
We'd rather be drinking rum, on our beach, under the palapa with all our new neighbors.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/28/02 06:04 PM

kathyw --

Unless you're in Boston, you really don't have the worst drivers. I'll put these guys up against anyone in the US.

In Boston, if two guys come up to a four way stop from separate cross roads, who has the right of way?

ME!

It's actually a lot worse than that.

MtM

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/28/02 06:07 PM

By the way, scratch one attendee. My step father is having dizzy spells (why not just come to the party? I asked him). He won't make it. Looks like we're not sure who's coming down with us.

MtM

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/28/02 07:06 PM

Should those "board members" looking to hook up on the 17th follow chloe's schedule above for the 10th? Looks good to me. Might not be in the best shape at noon the day after my birthday, but will certainly rally to be at BC's by noon on the 17th. Hair of the dog and all that.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/28/02 07:53 PM

The 17th following in the footsteps of the 10th? Seems right. We'll know how things went on the 10th and can make any adjustments neded. Those of us going to both should have it down pat by then (if we can remember anything at all about the first party).

So does BC know what's going to hit them? I would think that they monitor this message board, but who knows? Maybe they just keep putting out BBQ until everyone's full.

We should bring some food dye so that those who don't drink the Blue Hole (mark 0716, it's not REALLY called a "tidy bowl") can look as though they do. (Hmmm, blue beer --- I dunno.) Maybe just hand out blue tinted sun glasses.

MtM

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/29/02 04:22 AM

This may be one of those parties that never gets talked about, because nobody can remember. Somebody should warn BCs.

Debbie has not been to SP. I told her that if she wears a clean bathing suit, she will probably be overdressed.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/29/02 04:12 PM

Should we revise the schedule??? I see from the other posts re: Sundays that the Pier Lounge opens at 10:00 on Sunday....and serves bloody Marys.... This may make for a rough trip home on Monday.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/29/02 05:42 PM

Sunchaser - I like your thinking... Bloody Marys at Pier Lounge on Sunday morn.
But about the noon meeting...
This is our first time to AC so where is BCs from Banana Beach? Just point me in the right direction if you could. Thanks!
Candy

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/29/02 06:24 PM

Just head north down the beach and you'll see the big Palapa. See ya there.
Kathy

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/29/02 06:24 PM

Candy - I, myself, am a virgin to the island too. I am told that you can't get lost. I bet, by the time Sunday rolls around, we will be very much acquainted with every establishment that serves alcohol and they will be ready for us to leave!! Tee hee hee. [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/29/02 07:34 PM

Thanks Kathy... and Sunchaser... See ya'll there!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/29/02 11:23 PM

WOWEE!! Sure sounds like this is gonna be a blast. Don't get in til after 5 on the 10th and was thinking of heading to the Pier when we do get there (that's the plan by that time right?) but just thinking you'll all probably be toast by that time. *grin* Maybe I can walk everyone "home"? Will be sending 2-6 in my place tho and then looking forward to the 17th!
p.s. are you gonna have name tags?

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/29/02 11:33 PM

Five more sleeps. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the "board meeting".
We will make the 10th and hope to make the 17th, I guess that will depend on how we survive the 10th.
So Kids....see you soon.
GRAFFICE, guess I use the word KIDS more often than I should....trust us....we are over forty.....

[This message has been edited by frozen north (edited 01-30-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/30/02 02:31 AM

KIDS? I'll bet Barb and i are the only ones ove forty(wink-wink) except for Mike the Monster who already confessed to undoubtedly hanging with my parents or their friends while I was still learning the words to "Teach your children well" [Linked Image] Duane

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/30/02 06:08 PM

Nine days to go!

Man can we use this! Tonight we get sleet, freezing rain and then about four inches of snow. Friday that will change back to sleet, and freezing rain.

If people up here wore shorts and shirts all the time, wouldn't we have better weather? It seems to work for AC and Bermuda. Maybe we need an air lift of flip-flops, tee shirts and shorts to Boston.

Gotta get back to dat ol' debil data architecture. AARGH.

MtM

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 01-30-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 01-30-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/30/02 06:28 PM

I HAVE 7 MORE SLEEPS! Well, sounds like I might be one of the younguns of the bunch.....not quite 40! But, hey, it is all down hill from there, right? [Linked Image]
I have changed my opinion here lately as to what age "old" really is! I am being teased..we are suppose to have 80 degrees here in NC today....unseasonably warm. Rode around yesterday with the top down on my car, listening to Jimmy Buffett...it was a good day! Can't wait to meet you all!! CHEERS!!!....p.s. guess we need to start practicing to build up a tolerance of alcohol.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/30/02 06:34 PM

And we had snow yesterday on the beaches in Southern California!!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 02:26 AM

SunChaser- You will be in AC a few days before we arrive.The first part of our trip is in Placencia,but...by the time we meet if you haven't changed your attitude about more than "age" of the folks we'll be hanging with I owe you a Belikin and a Tidy Bowl [Linked Image] See ya there duane

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 05:15 PM

We've been twice for a total of 3 1/2 weeks. We don't know a tenth of the stuff to do. We want to do some dancing this time -- a little salsa - rhumba, that sort of stuff. (Guess we're not likely to find any waltz, swing or tango down there, are we?)

Anyway, we hope to pick up info at the party. Maybe this is a section for one of Lan's books --Maybe it ALREADY is a section of one of his books.

Michael the Monst

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 01-31-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 05:16 PM

Before everyone starts heading down to AC, thought I'd update thoughts about the 17th. Following the excellet plan put together by Chloe for the previous Sunday: 10am at Pier Lounge for Bloody Marys, noon at BC's for BBQ, 2 at Palapa Bar for ?!?!?, 5 back to Pier Lounge, last standing wins a prize? Only 13 sleeps left for us (well, 12 and 1/2 as we have a 6am flight out of Chicago on the 13th - yawn). Hope to hear all about the carousings on the 10th!
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 05:28 PM

OK,

For some reason (maybe the medication) I feel compelled to clear up this "blue" thing. Regardless of the name, Tidy Bowl, Windex, Blue Hole, CC's God-Awful Blue Drink, or whatever, when properly prepared this is not something for the faint of heart. According to the lovely and gracious Charlene (the "C" in BC's) many, many people have tried the "Blue Thingy". Once. She's NEVER had anyone other than CC and a couple of his island "playmates" order a second, much less drink two.

Those who have made it past two have universally reported the following: (A)they became ten feet tall, (B)they became bulletproof, (C)all reported becoming invisible, (D)several reported that they became the smartest s.o.b. in the world. (Mr. Picou also reported that he became the best looking Louisiana "coonass" on the island.)

Equal, but generous parts of vodka and gin, a splash of Blue Curacao, perhaps some ice. In smaller proportions may also be used as a quick swallow "shooter".

Yer all welcome, as usual.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 06:33 PM

Ok.....Blutini......MartiBlue.....BluChoo
whatever the name, I think it takes two people to drink one.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 06:44 PM

Pansies.

The San Pedro record is 11. December 22, 2000. 6 hrs, 30 min.

At least that's what I'm told.

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 08:18 PM

MTM- we can teach you a southern dance...they call it shaggin'. Came aroudn in the late 40s, some say it started in Myrtle Beach, SC....Don't know if you have heard of it...it is a classic around these parts.... [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 10:14 PM

Choo- You say the record is 11 tidy bowls...
The question is: Did they live to tell about it? Looking forward to the 10th, and getting to try one of those "blue things" I've heard so much about!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 10:30 PM

c.b.023,

It is my understanding, according to several witnesses, that a frequent visitor actually consumed 11 of those nifty little rascals at BC's at the date and elapsed time fore mentioned. Personally, I think only a complete moron would do something like that. That's a little over 40 oz. of alcohol, without any mix. Good grief!

Re: 2nd week of February - 01/31/02 11:08 PM

Sunchaser --

Always willing to learn a new dance. And I'd better stay away from the Blue Lagoon drink if I want to remember it!

Looking forward to this ! ! !

MtM

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/01/02 04:23 AM

I'm with Mike...Keep me near the Belikins and I should make the day!!!Then again maybe the shot variety will make a pretty picture!! CHOLE can help us with the proper dosage LOL I'm sure geting cranked...new dances..count us in [Linked Image] Duane

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/01/02 04:37 AM

Too bad Choo Choo won't be there to guide us. Think he's getting too old to party with the rest of us?
Posted By: JmHanna

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/01/02 05:36 AM

The problem here is this thread is not long enough.
Go Patriots!!!
Back to the top

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/01/02 07:19 PM

has everybody already left for ac? This thread has gotten kind of quiet. I have 7 more sleeps! See you all on the 10th!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/01/02 07:28 PM

Mark, Mark, Mark,

Surely you are aware of the the proven truism "That age and treachery, will overcome youth and energy every time".

Every time. Regardless.

CC

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/01/02 10:34 PM

Belizeagain... I'm with ya, 7 more sleeps as well before we hit the island. Wish it was sooner, we have been covered in ice for days here. Looking forward to sunnier days soon. See you on the 10th!
Posted By: edina

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/02/02 01:32 AM

I've been watching this grow for the last few days. We've got 8 more sleeps before we hit the Island. Arriving on the 9th and staying at Bananas. Maybe we'll meet up with some of you there on Saturday or over at the bar at Mata Rocks. Otherwise expect at least two (if not 4) more at the PARTY at BCS.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/02/02 04:37 AM

We are cold here now! It's so nice of the TV networks to countdown the sleeps. You know the olympics start the same day that we leave. My friends left today for ac. They should have arrived by now... they're warm tomorrow they'll be tan! I'm packing! See you on the 10th.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/02/02 04:38 AM

Edina---
Are you Minnesota? We're down the road in Burnsville!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/02/02 06:01 PM

One more sleep....we are looking forward to meeting all the board members Sunday the 10th.
See you soon...Safe trip to all

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/02/02 06:22 PM

belizeagain. We're down the road in edina and can't wait to get out of here to the warmth. This will be our 4th trip and we're leaving on the 9th returning on the 25th. We'll see you at BCs.
Posted By: KZAP

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/03/02 07:35 PM

We're coming at last, at last! 4 of us from California. Been counting the days. Arriving in AC tomorrow 2/4 and leaving 11th. So the party will be our swan song if on the 10th.
Looking forward to meeting you all. Oh, I'll bring the paper umbrellas.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/03/02 09:45 PM

OK, Kzap. When you get to BC, make sure you tell them you are there for the board party and get a special name tag. Have a good week.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/04/02 05:33 PM

Name Tags? We get name tags? --- I gotta learn to spell real quick.

My (very weird, but good hearted and clever) sister may be able to come. She's scoping out the passport situation right now. But at 7,000 feet in Idaho, she's not sure she can get a passport in time for the (first) party. I think the oxygen is too much for her --- she just moved down from Fairplay, Colorado which is 3,000 feet higher.

I guess we can call the board meeting on the 10th the "Party of the First Part" with the 17th being the ... well, you know.

As for the Blue Hole issue, after the description way above, I think I'll bring a tablespoon (make that teaspoon) to sample that sucker.

Three sleeps, then one at the airport hotel, and we're on our way. It's finally beginning to seem real.

We can really use it. The snow out by 128 is covered with a solid glaze of ice from the last freezing rain. but not as bad as you poor guys in Minnesota.

See you all there!!

MtM

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 02-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 02-04-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/04/02 05:40 PM

I thought everyone was already down there. The weather in Minnesota hasn't been that bad, but it is cold today. I'm more than ready to hit the beach. Belizeagain....have you left yet? We're coming back on the 24th also.....small world. Sounds like this will be a fun time....and we can repeat the get together on the 17th.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/04/02 06:17 PM

edina ---
You are sooo right! I'm still here-- I leave the 8th and come back on the 24th. I can't wait! I absolutely can't wait. We'll see you at BC's for the board meeting! Name Tags? Wow this is going to be a formal meeting.
Oh edina -- this is time 3 for me. Time 2 for my girlfriend that's coming with me. My husband can't go this time! PARTY TIME!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/04/02 06:24 PM

Belizeagain.....I'll have to find out how you did that. Go down there without your husband that is. Anxious to meet some "neighbors" should be a good time!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 03:56 PM

It was 19 degrees on the way to work this morning, but it's gong to warm up all the way to below freezing this afternoon.

Would somebody please push the calendar forward?

Michael the Frozen

[This message has been edited by Mike and Daphne Ryan (edited 02-05-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 04:51 PM

Wind chills at the lakefront in Chicago in the single digits this morning! Brrrr. On the plane a week from tomorrow. Hope to meet everyone on the 17th. Could someone save any leftover nametags from the 10th?

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 05:21 PM

Not only will there be left-over name tags, there will be some left-over people.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 05:32 PM

I did think of exactly the same thing! Have fun and try to save some energy for the 17th.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 06:04 PM

edina - We're arriving on the 8th and staying at Bananas as well. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the board members! Just look for Candy and George. We'll be at the bar. How about Mata Rocks on Sat. afternoon, around 4:00 or so?

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 07:02 PM

Candybrown023......Anxious to meet some of the board members myself. Sounds like a good time. We'll look for you guys, but we will probably just be flying over around 4:00. It'll probably be closer to 5:00 before we hit the bar......just look for Louise and Jay.....4 days to go!!!!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 08:09 PM

edina - we'll save you guys a spot! See ya on Saturday!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 10:41 PM

I am counting the hours...by tomorrow this time, I should be implanted on the island of Ambergrise Caye for the very first time!!!
15 more hours!!! and I haven't even packed yet!!! Call me a procrastinator!! See everyone on the 10th!!! Can't wait to meet you all!! 10th at 10:00 for Bloody Marys? Heck, I might have one before I leave for the airport at 6:00 a.m...I am on vacation!!!!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/05/02 11:17 PM

good for you sunchaser!
I'm going for my 6 am bloody mary's on Friday!
Save some sun for us.
You will be pleasantly surprized by ac.
See you on the 10th.
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/06/02 03:29 AM

oh, be still my heart!!! You people are killing me!!! On top of Tammy being here over the wweekend and moving back YESTERDAY!!!! I'm dying...it has been snowing in the DFW aREA since 8am this morning!!! FREAKY!!!! C Anybody going in the end of APRIL????????????

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/06/02 04:34 AM

Rickcheri...looks like there is going to be a serious dent in the alcohol supply on the island. You may not want to wait until April!
We head out Feb 15th for 16 days!! can't wait!! Rhonda...P.s aren't you my MSN contact? [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/08/02 04:41 AM

ITS THE SECOND WEEK OF FEBRUARY. Stand by for a full report.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/08/02 02:47 PM

mark0716............looks like we're about the only ones left flying out tomorrow. You aren't by any chance flying thru Houston? We've got three hours there and I was just wondering......

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/08/02 04:30 PM

And I thought we were the only ones left still battling the cold. Here til next Wednesday and looking forward to BC BBQ, The Sequel on the 17th.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/09/02 03:15 AM

Jack-A-Roe.......we're on our way tomorrow. See you on the 17th for the sequel at BCs.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/09/02 04:33 AM

Not to fear jack-a-roe some of us still around. We leave Thursday morning out of Newark. Staying 16 days and we hope to see everyone on the 17th!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/10/02 06:31 PM

I'm also a late arrive. We leave Thursday, Toronto to Houston to Belize. I can wait. I haven't posted much but I have been following the thread. See you at BC's on the 17th.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/10/02 09:55 PM

Hey anybody down there find out how the party went today at BC's??? Lots of people show?

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/12/02 06:34 PM

Someone has to be back to give us the scoop. On da plane at 6am tomorrow and ready to get "en palapa" in AC by 2. See ya all on the 17th at BC's if we don't run into some of you before! Bev and John

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/12/02 10:25 PM

I was there! It was a good to match a face with a name tag..ha ha ha! The food was excellent....Ask the pretty lady at BC's "WHOSE YOUR DADDY?" She will remember us!!! It might take her a long time to forget us!!! I think we may have traumatized her! I need BC's address...they need an NC State & Duke Banner for the ceiling!! Anyone know it??

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/13/02 05:40 AM

ahhhhh...it's here at last. Leaving here Thursday morning, looking forward to seeing everyone! Rhonda, Peter and Liam

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/19/02 04:29 PM

The parties were great! I'll post about them later today. Gotta catch up on work here for a bit.

Thanks to Mark who started this, and who came up to our house. Duane, sorry you didn't make it. Next time.

Gotta catch up on my e-mail. Just wanted to say how great it was meeting all of you.

I think BC's is the perfect place for this kind of get together.

I'm glad people got to meet Squeezy Toes. She's so gentle (and smart!).

Much more later --

Michael the Monster

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/21/02 04:19 AM

Our week on AC was terrific and the party at BCs on the 10th was really nice. There were about 20 board members there, and we enjoyed getting to know one another. (We met several other board members during our week. Also we saw Duane and Barb at different times and places and in varying states of intoxication) BCs was a wonderful host, with very little notice, and they really enjoyed having us. This should become a tradition for board members.

Mike and Daphne have a beautiful villa on the north end of the island. They are well known down there, so it was easy to find them. We couldn't spend much time, but the time we had will be long remembered.

We will be looking forward to board members posting their photos. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy your visits as much as we did.

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/21/02 04:38 PM

Wow! We must have missed alot...when we were at BC's, I think there were maybe 6 people there. Sorry I missed everyone!! I did hear that MTM did play you guys some music. Man, talk about bad timing!!

[This message has been edited by SunChaser (edited 02-21-2002).]

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/25/02 07:54 PM

We are home now and back to the real world.
It was great meeting all at the board meeting on Sunday Feb 10th. BC's BBQ was a great idea to meet at. Food was excellent.
Hope all had a great time as we did....got in a lot more diving and just plain old fun.
Just want to say that Ambergris divers were great, they really gave us special attention.
And the meals at Calientes we among the best...have to try there shrimp...wow what a meal...and for lunch...got to try the lime soup....
All that has been said about Celi and the garnaches...well I can't say enough...a couple of them and a Fanta orange on the beach...Life is good....
Hope to get back there soon. You do fall in love with the people and the place.
Thanks to all for making it a very special holiday!!!!

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/25/02 08:05 PM

Frozen North, thanks for the update. I could go for a bowl of the Lime Soup at Caliente's right now for lunch. SO GOOD

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/25/02 11:06 PM

Caliente cooked our dinner from our catch when we went lobstering and fishing one day....it was out of this world! I would love to have the recipe for the way they fried the fish with the sesame seeds....best darned grunt I ever ate.... AND ESTELLE's has THE BEST Bloody Marys. This might sum up my trip, I ate breakfast "somewhere one mornin and had a lobster omlete but darned if I can remember where the heck I was at. [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/26/02 12:57 AM

My guess is Lily's

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/26/02 05:14 AM

Anybody going to post their pictures?
Posted By: Richard Chambers

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/26/02 05:26 AM

In the summer of 2000, i actually ran under the end of a rainbow while touring the jungle!!I couldn't belive it, but it actually happened. I can remember as a small child how it was sooooo important to find the end of a rainbow, and i remembered it as it was happening!.......Richard

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/26/02 06:18 PM

Mark I am just going to pick up photos and I will see about posting them. I am not sure I know how...perhaps someone can let me know how to get them on here...

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/27/02 03:11 AM

Hi everyone!! I promise to do a trip report just can't get in the mood to look bak yet= I'd rather think of going back!!! I would like to get email for Mike and Daphne, Frozen North and Sun Chaser so we can stay in touch and send some photo's!! reach us at [email protected] hpe to hear from ya Duane&Barb

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/28/02 03:14 PM

My e-mail address is [email protected] or [email protected]
I will trade you some pics! [Linked Image]

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/28/02 05:17 PM

My email is [email protected]

At home it's [email protected], but we don't check that often. (Eight or nine hours a day at the computer doesn't make one eager to go to one's screen at home.)

Duane -- I'll try to send you something later today. Just been very busy here with an additional project slung at me while I was on vacation. I'm working with a very energetic guy on this additional thing, so I can't easily get the spare 15 minutes for the trip report.

Daphne's birthday yesterday - we saw Amelie. Go see it. Very nice and interesting.

Maybe a trip report tomorrow. Just wrote another song -- a jazz tune this time. I tried to write a brand new old standard: "I Wish That I had Known". Seems to be pretty good, but I'll wait for my jazz musician friends to give me the real word.

Maybe time to write a song about the party and the reef.

More later.

Michael the Monster

Re: 2nd week of February - 02/28/02 08:02 PM

Happy Belated Birthday Daphne !!!
Hope it was a good one...
Sorry we didn't get up to your new home...sounds just wonderful.
All the best...Jim and Dawna

Re: 2nd week of February - 03/06/02 11:43 PM

Thanks for the happy birthday. Maybe it's time to start a thread on "after the party". We have pictures to post. I have to find out how to do that from Marty.

I've been far, far to busy since I came back. I hope that means I'll be empoyed after the end of June. The consultant's life has it's harrowing aspects.

Michael the Monster

Re: 2nd week of February - 03/07/02 03:53 AM

Hi Mike and Daphne,

I met you at BC's on the 17th along with my husband <from Ireland> and my son Liam. Remember us? I'm glad we had a chance to meet! Hope you enjoyed your trip. We just got back ourselves on Sunday past. Enjoyed again immensely! Don't work too hard! Rhonda

Re: 2nd week of February - 03/26/02 12:29 AM

Hey, you guys. Where are those pictures?
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: 2nd week of February - 03/26/02 01:59 AM

mike, email marty and he will tell you how to get them on. his kid helped me!! are you film or digital?

also, what type of comp consulting do you do? it is what frank does too. self employed??

Re: 2nd week of February - 03/31/02 09:04 PM

HEY MARK I'VE BEEN TRYING TO REACH YOU NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDY TO FORWARD THE PICS- DROP ME A LINE DUANE

Re: 2nd week of February - 04/25/02 07:40 PM

When is the next trip to Belize? Man, I pulled out my pics today....would love to go back.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board