AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Reservations for dinner

Posted By: B_b_f_b

Reservations for dinner - 01/07/02 10:52 PM

Does anyone know if I need reservations for dinner at Victoria House? Also, seems like the grounds were perfect, has anyone eaten there lately? Thanks for any info you can give, yippee, 10 days and counting til AC.
Posted By: Mike and Daphne Ryan

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/07/02 11:55 PM

Beckybfb --

If you're staying there, they like to know whether you are staying for dinner. but if you show up without telling them, they usually have something for you.

And try the crab house a little bit up the road from Victoria house. Good food and interesting decor -- plaques of more crab and lobster species than you knew existed, some right weird, too.

Michael
Posted By: Marty

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/08/02 01:00 AM

we've eaten there several times, always good....

also, their frozen limeades are to die for.

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/08/02 05:15 PM

Thanks for info everyone. Will be eating there next week. FYI, the Hotel said I DO need reservations.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/08/02 06:08 PM

becky, the fancy restaurants here say the same thing, but when you show up with money, they always seem to have a table for you!

have a great time.

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/08/02 06:11 PM

Thanks Jane, I'm so excited, I can't believe I'm actually going back and I not doing the solo thing this time. I knew it was love when the first thing he said he wanted to do when we hit the island is look for my dog, Kilimanjarowanker. What a man!!!!!!!!
Posted By: elgrumpy

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/08/02 06:26 PM

That restaurant with the mounted crab collection is not called the "Crab House" but is "TROPICA". We invite all to view our dispay of invertabrates at the resort. The collection is also posted on our website at: http://www.tropicabelize.com/Restaurant/crabs.htm where you are able to see them all!
Please enjoy.
Warm Regards
Tropica Beach Resort

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/08/02 09:14 PM

wow! that was pretty cool.

you better believe you will be on the itinerary of our next trip.
Posted By: Gela

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/08/02 10:26 PM

Becky, you're gonna have such a great time! I'm still reminding myself that I went back to AC. It seems like a far away dream right now. Say hi to KJ-wanker for me.
Posted By: lmarquis

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 12:09 AM

I saw that crab collection at Tropica. It is very cool. Unfortunately, I was too late to eat on that night, but this May, I will try it!

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 12:11 AM

Thanks Gela, I can't wait, I can feel the sand between my toes right now. It's time for YOU to start planning your next trip!!

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 12:11 AM

Becky: I remember when you and I went to Victoria House in the golf cart. We looked at the menu and they had the restaurant reserved for a wedding party that evening. It was gorgeous. Bon Appetit!
Posted By: denverdan

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 12:21 AM

Hey Becky...
You gonna get hitched there as well? (smile.... that would be cool)
Have a great trip! Your beau sounds like a REALLY great guy!
10 days... man I hate ya.

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 12:29 AM

Hope, you are such a sweetie, good to see you on the board, hitched? Hell No, we won't go, I'm having a hard time just sharing the covers, geeze Louise. Poor guy, he's got to have the patience of a saint to deal with me.

On another note, when Laurie and I were gazing longingly into each other's eyes (just joking Laurie, your not my type, hee-hee), I was thinking how nice it would be to go there with someone special. I'll give you a full trip report when I get back.

Have a great night y'all.

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 12:48 AM

LAURIE AND BECKY????? Noooooooooooo!!!

I thought someone else was doing the trip on Laurie... lol

Is that why your going back in March Laurie??? (kidding)
I better be silent... don't wanna get sued here.

Hmmmm, "patience of a saint"...? I better make sure Dan doesn't have a business trip planned. Maybe I should be doing lasor on my face instead of sand blasting. laugh

Have fun Becky!
Hope

Do ya know if Ken & Lynn are going back soon?

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 02:22 AM

Hope: don't listen to Becky - she is full of. . . .Belikin, yeah, that's it! Don't worry, you won't get sued - I am for the good guys (the defense).
Posted By: Ken & Lynne

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 04:53 AM

Hey Becky!!!

Have a great time with your new beau
in AC!! Who's going to be the
designated driver?! (hee, hee!)

K & L would love to go back to the
island this Spring - but are in the
process of changing careers...so
not sure if it will be possible...
but we'll be back soon!!

In the meantime - this message board
is great!! It sure keeps the magic
alive!! Thanks everyone for your
contributions!!

"Hi!" to Hope & family...Laurie &
Gela!!

And, Becky...give the "K" dog a big
hug from us...

Have an awesome time!! And if you get
the urge to get hitched when you return...
K & L will be in Vegas on Valentine's
Day!! We could have a reunion...not
that far from California...Colorado...
hmmm...Lynne

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/09/02 07:48 PM

Hey Ken, Hey Lynne! Come on down in May. I'll be there 5/2. Vegas sounds great, but those one arm bandits are tight there. I'll be in Colorado visiting friends over the 4th of July - whereever Golden, Colorado is?

Have fun in lost wages!

Laurie

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/10/02 07:50 PM

Thanks Laurie... (as Hope wipes her brow) I don't wanna get sued!

Hi Lynne and Ken!!! Good to see ya still come by every now and again! Not gonna be around to meet in Vegas though... sorry.

BUT... hey... if Laurie will be in Golden in July, (not far at all from Denver) I think we should do a CCACS PARTEE!

ANY TAKERS???
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/11/02 02:41 AM

Hi Hope: Think I may be visting over 4th of July, not yet sure exactly. I don't know how far Golden is from Denver??? If not too far, would love to be a party attendee!!

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/15/02 04:57 AM

Hey Laurie,

COOL....!!!
Golden is not far at all, 20 min maybe...

e-mail me at [email protected]

Becky?... Lynn & Ken?... Anyone else interested? Your ALL welcome here!

PARTEE! lol

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/15/02 06:50 AM

Hey Hope: are you thinking about putting together a AC Denver chapter party, or whatever you guys call it? I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Colorado. I hear it is awesome. My friend, who moved from So. Calif. and has been there for the last 12 years just loves it. Says she would not move back to Calif for anything and keeps bugging me to take a look see. July is it. I have told her for three years I would be there. Gotta celebrate the nation's Independence Day in Golden, Colorado. Plus, Sacramento just added 2 direct flights daily to Denver. I will get on the internet pretty soon and see what is up.

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/15/02 07:50 PM

Hey Hope, I will definitely make it this year. Sorry I missed out on the last one. Ronmyway said it was a hoot. I'll email you for more info. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm headed to Belize in 2 days.
Posted By: Loie

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/17/02 05:09 AM

Party? Did I hear "party"?

The Colorado crowd is always a fun crowd. We have loads of fun & anyone is welcome to join in.

July puts me...oh about two months from finishing my degree. Heck, that's close enough right?

Let us know!

Maybe we could twist Pirate & Diann's arms. They're so easy!

Loie

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/17/02 08:58 PM

well, a friend has a place in vail i could use, but that is far, right??? anyone else have room for a family of four?

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/18/02 12:35 AM

Okay Hope: your idea seems to be loved by all! So far, it seems like you have me, Loie and spouse(?), Jane's family of four, Becky. . .Anybody else?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/18/02 01:53 AM

Dang, nice job on that crab collection page, i'm putting that into our electronic library....
Posted By: Over_40_Pirate

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/22/02 05:26 AM

EASY??? ME???? Sheeeeesh!
Posted By: Mike and Daphne Ryan

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/22/02 09:05 PM

Hey, elgrumpy --

Sorry about not remembering the name. (Maybe it was something I drank.)

I wasn't trying to say that the NAME was the crab house, just that it WAS a crab house, ya' know. Glad to know the real moniker.

We'll see you in about three weeks.

Michael the Monster.

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/25/02 10:38 AM

OH MY GOSH...

Well... maybe we could do another CCACS party!
Are you totally serious ya all want to come out?
COOL!!!
I think it would be GRAND if your expectations are nill to none. LOL
Marty... you gonna come as well?
Maybe... Skinny? You available once again to sing and be appreciated by us "mountain folk"??
Hummmm, this topic... of the CCACS really belongs on the chatt area, and I'm a bit to shy to start it. Ya all know me. smile
On another note... I will totally go to Tropica (actually... the "Crab House" does have a nice ring to it) to check out the "crab thingES"... next time we our on the AC! It looks really cool, and I'm sure the food is GRAND!
S,
H

Re: Reservations for dinner - 01/26/02 03:45 AM

Hi Hope: I will be in Denver 7/4 to 7/7. Already booked my flight (kinda early, but got a great deal from Sac to Denver).
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board