AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: lbs altun-ha tours - 01/19/02 07:28 AM
visiting feb6th-12.Have never been to central america and rain forrest- would like to get a taste of them, along with Mayan ruins, but I am Dubious of organized tours is it worth it? what would you suggest.Considering the Altun-Ha tour. Price and group size seems to be right.
Posted By: KC Re: altun-ha tours - 01/19/02 04:42 PM
Go with Daniel of Tanisha Tours,and you will not be disappointed.

Kathy
Posted By: Shawn and Sara Re: altun-ha tours - 01/21/02 04:57 PM
My wife and I did the Altun Ha trip last May. We booked with Hustler tours, but I believe we actually toured with another outfit because Hustler didn't have enough people to go out on its own (this seems common).

In retrospect, the tour was a good experience, but it is not the most comfortable experience in the world- it is very hot, the trip is long, you see a lot of rural poverty (which is an eye opening experience) and you don't see as much wild life as one hopes.

However, the ruins were interesting and it was a good trip to just experience how other people outside the US live day to day- we are very blessed in the US.

I wouldn't do it again and would rather spend my time and money doing a couple more snorkel outings. However, if you have never done something like this before, you should consider it.

Shawn
Posted By: doctor feel good Re: altun-ha tours - 01/21/02 05:16 PM
i went on the altun ha trip and my wife went to lamanai. the lamanai trip is 4-5 hrs. one way journey just to get there. a long trip. we both decided that the altun ha is an excellent trip for what you can see. apparently, the altun ha site is more developed, or at least more excavation work has been done there, or at least that is what we have read.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board