AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Where to stay THIS time?

Posted By: missgompers

Where to stay THIS time? - 01/24/02 10:40 PM

My boyfriend and I spent the best vacation of our lives in San Pedro last July. We stayed at Coconuts and really liked it. However, this year we're on a smaller budget and want to save money for tours. I need help. Looking at Ruby's or another budget hotel this time. But we have no idea what to expect! I'd like to get a few honest opinions. We like Ruby's because it is closer to town, and we saw the outside last year while booking tours with Searious. But we're wondering if we should just fork out the extra dough for Coconuts or stay at Ruby's for a change. I'm sure anywhere in San Pedro will make for a fun trip!
Posted By: trina

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/24/02 10:45 PM

We stayed (hubby and I) at Ruby's last June and loved it. It's right on the beach! There is a range of rooms there...cheapos to more luxurious. You can get a tour and decide which one you want. Lots of cool folks stay there. Tip...always make sure your room is locked! A friend got ripped off there last year, BUT they left their door open when they slept! Duh! I think they wanted to get a breeze I guess.
Posted By: beachluvr

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/25/02 12:51 AM

stayed at Ruby's twice last year & enjoyed both just as much...it's a perfect location, only 2 blocks from the airport, so just roll that bag thru the sand...close to all bars, restaurants, etc...Mango's is right next door on one side & the Holiday is on the other, & Ruby's has some of the best quick breakfasts on the island...the staff are all very friendly & the rooms are plain, but clean & comfy

we sprang for the room with a/c both times, but really didn't need it in May..in July, ran it the whole time! enjoy your trip!

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/25/02 01:23 AM

Thanks for all the info. on Ruby's. Really appreciate it. One question though. Do the AC rooms at Ruby's have fans / ceiling or other. My boyfriend is a weirdo about needing fans blowing on him.
Oops- thant sounds a little weird!
Posted By: cinemagrrl

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/25/02 01:46 AM

I'm looking for budget hotels too...any thoughts on Lily's or Hideway in comparision to Ruby's?
Posted By: yat

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/25/02 07:50 PM

As for as great location...I'd go with Ruby's. The Hideaway is a ways south of town . Lily's is a good choice, too. It's in town and they have great lobster omelets for breakfast.
Posted By: denverdan

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/25/02 08:29 PM

Hideaway has a pool!

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/26/02 10:18 PM

the a/c rooms at Ruby's do have ceiling fans also...the Hideaway is a good bargain, but it is not right in the middle of everything like Ruby's & it's also not right on the beach (just one block off, tho)

still, sitting on the balcony at Ruby's & watching the island life pass by in front of you is almost a tour in itself! (without having to leave your room!)
Posted By: trina

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/26/02 11:13 PM

I totally agree about Ruby's. I think it's the best bargain you'll get on AC.

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/31/02 08:19 PM

I tried emailing Rubies about prices etc. and haven't gotten a response. It's been over a week. Anybody know if their email is OK?
Posted By: Raymond S

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/31/02 08:48 PM

It took a couple of days, but Wendy did Email us and we made reservations via Email and we arrive at Ruby's on February 2. Wendy was in Candad and I got an Email from her that she was headed for Belize and Rubys. I would Email them again if I were you.

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 01/31/02 10:40 PM

I emailed them & waited several days also w/o a reply...was kinda in a time crunch, so I went ahead & called...Wendy emailed me probably the next day, if I could have just waited, I could have done it all thru email, but it's nice to call & be able to say exactly which room you want, etc.
Posted By: Raymond S

Re: Where to stay THIS time? - 02/01/02 01:45 AM

The number for Rubys:

011-501-26-2063

if called from the US.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board