AmbergrisCaye.com Home

end of lobster season...

Posted By: Marty

end of lobster season... - 02/14/02 10:16 PM

Lobster season is over tonight at midnight

;<
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/14/02 10:47 PM

Hi Marty: I already got my black arm band ready to go. Last night, I had "Fishermans Lobster" at Caliente's and it was great. At noon today, I had Lobster Piella (?), which was really good (again). Tonight, Lobster on a half-shell Ole'. We will all miss our favorite Crusteacion here in San Pedro. We will have to put up with some nice fresh Snapper for awhile. Take care: Bill
Posted By: Jill Kennedy

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/14/02 11:38 PM

We're heading to SP in a week. Will there be any recently frozen lobster on hand? Or is lobster totally out of the question?
Posted By: KC

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/14/02 11:47 PM

It is my understanding that lobster can not be served or sold in any form in the off season. I guess that is to discourage people from poaching, and then saying it was a frozen lobster.

K
Posted By: Debbie

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/15/02 02:36 AM

It's strange, but lobster and conch season seem to alternate. Bummer.... BUT!!!! Good news. We went to AC last summer on June 10th to the 20th. On the 15th, lobster season started, but conch season didn't end for another week, so we had the best of BOTH!!! For a very short period, they overlap. It was AWESOME......
Debbie
Posted By: Johnboy

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/15/02 03:17 AM

When we were there in July ,we charterer a boat ,& he said that they were serious trouble just to get caught with lobster in any form (fresh or frozen)...
Posted By: Richard Chambers

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/15/02 06:34 AM

Not to worry!, it kicks back in on June 15th!
and Conch season doesn't until the end of June!! We'll be there this year to savor all the flavor!!...........Richard

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/15/02 09:33 PM

The law about Lobster Season is STRICTLY enforced here, for good reason. They need to re-plenish themselve. So let da Lobster [#%!] in peace, and we shall all reap the rewards in mid-June.

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/16/02 12:00 AM

Amen on lobster "fornication"!! [Linked Image]

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/16/02 11:43 PM

I just KNEW that would arouse you, Debbie.
Posted By: Bernd

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/17/02 02:49 AM

O Bill, I need this too, TIMEOUT
BERND

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/17/02 06:52 AM

LOL @ Bill!! I'm still sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out HOW???????? Not exactly a "cuddley" creature..... [Linked Image]
Debbie
Posted By: Wasatch

Re: end of lobster season... - 02/17/02 10:47 PM

To hell with lobsters,,,just pray that there is no "season" on Rum or Belikins... Snowbound in Utah....
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board