AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Open Invite

Posted By: calkids

Open Invite - 02/20/02 07:23 PM

Looks like the March Board Meeting will be well attended. Around 6:00 ish we invite all to Fido's and if your there and your names are called and you respond, the first Belikins on us.. hope to see you there...
Posted By: Jill Kennedy

Re: Open Invite - 02/20/02 09:08 PM

whens the "board" meeting? We will be there feb 22- march 9?
Posted By: HJaneL

Re: Open Invite - 02/20/02 09:30 PM

WOO HOO!! And the second Belikins is on us !!

Holly
Posted By: CCR

Re: Open Invite - 02/20/02 09:55 PM

Yippee! Sounds like we're gettin' the party started! The third round is on us!!
Holly, to answer your question from the Missing Feb. Party thread. Rob and I are snorkeling Hol Chan and Shark Ray on Sunday (haven't decided morning or evening yet, also haven't decided on a guide either.) We have reservations for the Lamanai trip on Saturday. So far, Rob and I are the only ones reserved for that trip. So if any of you are interested I can pass along the contact info for the tour guide I've been talking to.
We would love dive (I've never been diving), but just don't have enough time.
Oh hey, sounds like we can't miss out on BC's on Sunday, either!!
Countin' down the days!!
Cindy
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Open Invite - 02/21/02 04:20 AM

and the Palapa for open jam session...after BC's....C

Re: Open Invite - 02/22/02 04:45 PM

Cindy: What is the Lamanai trip? Snorkeling? We may be able to do that on Saturday but won't be able to do anything on Sunday 'cuz we're leaving that day. [Linked Image]
Holly

Re: Open Invite - 02/22/02 09:08 PM

Howdy! The Lamanai trip, is the Myan ruin river boat trip. Here is the link of the company I contacted - //AmbergrisCaye.com/seaduced/tours.html

We're doing that on Saturday (it's an all day thing.) Unfortunately, this is a last minute vacation for Rob and I. We only had a few days to get away together, so we can't do everything that we would like to. Both of us really want to see the "JUNGLE!" The good news is that's it's all the more reason to go back, huh? [Linked Image]
I'm getting sooooo excited!
I'll be out of town and away from my 'puter until next Friday. So don't plan too much w/out me! Hahahaha! Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Cindy

Re: Open Invite - 02/25/02 10:14 PM

Cindy: Thanks for the link to Seaduced. I think we may be doing the manatee trip maybe the Tuesday we get there. I showed Scott both that one and the Lamanai trip and he chose the mantee trip. Hope it's as good as we think it's going to be! 20 days and counting...(less than 500 hrs to be more exact [Linked Image]) You better Belize it!
Holly

[This message has been edited by HJaneL (edited 02-25-2002).]
Posted By: capt_cu2

Re: Open Invite - 02/26/02 08:11 AM

Hey Holly,

I've got a good manatee story to tell you about a very friendly, motherly(I think) manatee I met 20 odd years ago in Crystal River Florida. [Linked Image] hehe

Hope to tell you in person.

Greg

Re: Open Invite - 02/27/02 06:38 PM

Greg: Great! I love to hear a good story. See you guys at Fido's on the 22nd! [Linked Image]
Posted By: sscubabob

Re: Open Invite - 02/28/02 06:59 AM

So What's the date?

Re: Open Invite - 03/01/02 02:25 AM

Bob: The March Board meeting is scheduled on Friday, March 22nd at Fido's...are you in?
Posted By: gwg123co

Re: Open Invite - 03/01/02 06:23 PM

March 22, island time. We'll try to be there.
We get to AC in the afternoon. It's wonderful to have plans ready for the end of March when there is a foot of snow outside here in Boulder.
Posted By: SEAduced by Belize

Re: Open Invite - 03/01/02 08:31 PM

Hi Holly,
Got your e-mail this morning and have you down for the 19th of March for the Manatee Tour. Look oout for my e-mail.

Hi Cindy,
Do I need to put you down for 2 people on the Lamanai tour on the 16th of March? E-mail and let me know where we need to pick you up.

We look forward to hearing from both of you and having you on our trips.
Rebecca
Posted By: sscubabob

Re: Open Invite - 03/01/02 10:12 PM

I'll try to make it to the board meeting if I can be the SVP of phoney energy trading partnerships with funky names.

That's our last night but 6PM is rather early and I would love to pop in.

Re: Open Invite - 03/06/02 07:54 PM

Whew...that was a close one! This thread was too close to being pushed from the first page of the message board to the 2nd. HEAVEN FORBID!! Thought I'd better rescue it! [Linked Image]

11 days and counting...the waiting is killing me !

See you all at Fido's on the 22nd !!
Will see some of you at the Pier on the 20th, as well!!

Holly

Re: Open Invite - 03/06/02 08:03 PM

gwg123, you are arriving on the 22nd? so are we. have a stop in San Salvador and into bze at 9:55ish taca airlines...

Re: Open Invite - 03/06/02 09:13 PM

Nice save Holly! Looks like we're going to have a pretty good turn out!

Question to those of you have been to AC through Belize City before....our flight gets into Belize City at 4:50 and our flight to AC leaves at 5:30 (last flight). Does anyone know if that's really doable and if we miss it, would Tropic Air send another flight to AC after 5:30? Didn't realize that was the last flight until I read it here on the board.

Only two weeks and one day left to go! We are so ready for the SUN! We finally got a taste of winter here in the midwest.

Cindy

Re: Open Invite - 03/06/02 09:34 PM

Rebecca - I sent an email to you to confirm that we need reservations for two on March 23rd for the Lamanai trip. We'll call you on Friday the 22nd to get the scoop on things.
Thanks!!!
Cindy
Posted By: gwg123co

Re: Open Invite - 03/06/02 10:14 PM

Our schedule looks like :

Arrive Belize City on 3/22 (Friday)
American Airlines 2193 at 3:35 pm

We're taking a flight over to AC and will probably get to Victoria House about 5.

We'll walk back up the beach and should make it to the gathering about 6.

Can't wait !

Re: Open Invite - 03/06/02 11:33 PM

gwg123co : GREAT! We'll have a belikins waiting for you guys when you get there! LOL

Re: Open Invite - 03/07/02 07:45 AM

we will be waiting with belikins in hand...can't wait..

Re: Open Invite - 03/08/02 05:49 PM

Soooo...what is the final verdict on Barefoot playing for the March Board Meeting? Anyone?...Anyone?
Posted By: brandilee3

Re: Open Invite - 03/08/02 08:19 PM

CCR-
better make the 5:30 flight to San Pedro, they don't allow any flights after then because the "airport" at SP has no lights for landing. (Its basically a thin black top strip with swampy water surrounding it) you have to take a picture its the funniest thing to show people back home! Just call and make reservations, they are very helpful there and want to get you to the island as bad as you want to go! Your going to have a blast! Wish I could come....
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Open Invite - 03/08/02 10:34 PM

Friends,

The San Pedro airstrip does have landing lights, and when needed to get arrivals at International to the island they will fly in the dark. We've done it twice in the last year. The first time was in the dark and RAIN. If you like the Beast at King's Island you would have loved that. The BZ government strictly forbids most after dark flying because of drug smuggling. There are special provisions for getting the country's "income" (tourists) to the island when late arrivals at International occur.

Yer all welcome as usual.

CC

Re: Open Invite - 03/09/02 12:29 AM

Thanks Brandilee3 and CHOOCHOO for the flight info. I feel much better! Hey, can't WORRY about your vacation, right? Geeezzz, what was I thinking?? Hehehe!
Yeah, so what is the scoop with Barefoot? You know if he's not there, maybe we can get Greg and his band, "Flip-Flop Fatty" to entertain us. I heard they're great except for they can't sing or play instruments...uhmm - well I guess we'd better pray for Mr. Skinny, huh Greg? Haha!
Countin' down the days, hours and minutes!
Cindy

Re: Open Invite - 03/09/02 04:57 AM

Got mail from Barefoot Skinny today, he plays at Fido's every Friday...check out his sit www.barefootskinny.com....counting down
Posted By: gailtor

Re: Open Invite - 03/09/02 06:03 AM

Boy oh boy looks like Greg was so excited he couldn't talk or type. Just imagine what will happen when he hears Skinny perform in person..

The proper link to Skinny's site (not sit) is www.barefootskinny.com Check it out for a quick fix.

Thanks Skinny.... for confirming that you will be helping us to celebrate the MARCH "board" party... Now we just have to ensure that your side kick Paisano is available!!

Cheers Gail
Posted By: gailtor

Re: Open Invite - 03/09/02 06:14 AM

OOPS... "calkids" is not Greg... Looks like others are just as excited though.. [Linked Image]

Re: Open Invite - 03/10/02 02:29 AM

no problem...haha...sit...site...he is playing and we will be there...cheers

Re: Open Invite - 03/11/02 07:42 PM

6 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes, 13... no,12 ... no,11 ... no,10 ... no,9 ... no,8 ... no--- IT'S GETTING CLOSER !!!! [Linked Image]

Holly

Re: Open Invite - 03/12/02 06:11 AM

We are close.............

Re: Open Invite - 03/13/02 06:43 AM

My clock says 8+ days and counting. See ya at Fido's. [Linked Image]
http://captcucharts.homestead.com/Belize_countdown~ie4.html

Re: Open Invite - 03/13/02 10:10 PM

And the countdown continues...One more day of work for me and then we're off to Chicago to fly out on Sunday morning. Will be to Belize City by 2:20pm. Tropic Air to AC leaves at 3:30...then we'll be ready to take it easy with a Belikins or two. I can't believe it's almost here! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

See all you Boarders next week!!
Holly

Re: Open Invite - 03/13/02 11:06 PM

Chicago! I'm in Chicago!! Holly, will you stuff me in your suitcase???? I don't know if I can wait until next Thursday!!!!!!
Cindy

Re: Open Invite - 03/14/02 12:41 AM

Cindy: You betcha...meet us O'Hare for our 7:30 flight on Sunday morning. I'll poke some holes in the luggage so you can breathe, but won't be responsible for you getting dizzy on the carousel (like that grandma on the commercial) [Linked Image]LOL

Hey, see you next week!

Holly

Re: Open Invite - 03/14/02 03:56 AM

Have a good trip, we will arrive on Friday, see you at the "Board Meeting"....
Posted By: BankerWoman

Re: Open Invite - 03/14/02 03:31 PM

HjaneL --- Leave us some Belikins, OK? We're from just north of you in Bettendorf and will be at O'Hare on 4/14 headed AC way.

It's only nice to share with your Ioweegun brethren so be sure to post a trip report when you get back, OK?

Re: Open Invite - 03/14/02 11:17 PM

Cleaning toilets..cleaning toilets ... cleaning bathtubs...cleaning bathtubs...It's gotta be "in-law clean" as they are coming to keep an eye on the kids for us next week.(God Bless 'em) [Linked Image]

There IS a light at the end of my cleaning tunnel though...you better BELIZE that I won't be doing much cleaning next week on La Isle Bonita. WOO HOO !!!

BankerWoman...I guess we can leave you a couple of Belikins...or at least make sure they re-stock after we leave. [Linked Image] You're missing the March Board Meeting [Linked Image] - We'll miss you. How about if we have a Belikins in honor of you??? I'm not much of a writer but will think about doing a trip report when we get back.

Bon Voyage - Holly
Posted By: BankerWoman

Re: Open Invite - 03/14/02 11:42 PM

Thanks for the restock on the Belikins and for the drinking of same in our names! I hereby dedicate one can of Ajax to you and wish you a world of difference on AC from your present endeavors in Burlington. Looking forward to your trip report and to meeting boarders at the currently-taking-shape April board meeting at BCs on the 21st. Sound like a deal, guys?

Re: Open Invite - 03/15/02 06:22 AM

Holly, quit cleanin... its time to shift into vacation mode. [Linked Image]

Hey Calkids: don't miss your connection from BZ 2 AC; we've got you on record as buying the first round. [Linked Image]hehe

See ya @ Fido's [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: boardbum

Re: Open Invite - 03/16/02 09:25 PM

Thanks for the invite to the board meeting. We arrive late afternoon on the 21st. I am assuming Fidos is easy to find. We're staying up North so I should probably buy a water taxi for a week. Or, is there a better way.

Re: Open Invite - 03/18/02 02:09 AM

T-Minus 4...count'em... 4 sleeps and we will arrive in paradise....yup the first bilikins is on us and we will play by ear after that and who knows maybe no sleep that night!!!!! really READY to get there....cheers and see you all at fido's ASAP
Posted By: KC

Re: Open Invite - 03/18/02 06:37 AM

Boardbum

Where are you staying up North? The island ferry or a private water taxi will probably be your best bet.... but you don't "buy one for the week..." You call...they come... just like a taxi in any city.

Kathy

Re: Open Invite - 03/20/02 07:19 PM

KC
We will be up at the Belizean Shores. Sorry for the Minnesota humor. I was'nt really serious about buys a water taxi for a week. But I could probably come close if we take enough trips to town. I am certainly looking forward to finding some things to make us content on the North side. By the way, I took a look at your Villa. Very nice.

Re: Open Invite - 03/20/02 07:21 PM

KC
We will be up at the Belizean Shores. Sorry for the Minnesota humor. I was'nt really serious about buys a water taxi for a week. But I could probably come close if we take enough trips to town. I am certainly looking forward to finding some things to make us content on the North side. By the way, I took a look at your Villa. Very nice.
Posted By: KC

Re: Open Invite - 03/20/02 11:44 PM

Boardbum,

Thanks!

If you coordinate your times so that you can catch the Island Ferry, it is pretty cheap. I think $5 PP each way, but don't quote me on that. It is also a nice bike ride to town (if they are available at BS). We rode from our house north of Journey's End, and it took us about 25 minutes. I hadn't ridden a bike in many, many years, and it's true what they say! [Linked Image] Then you have to pay the hand-pulled ferry a couple of dollars to get across the cut.

Anyway, have fun. BS looks really nice!

Kathy
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board