AmbergrisCaye.com Home
[Linked Image]

This time of year...to come into town (or better...stay in town!) and just enjoy the lights and the warm evening...and get dinner. It DOES give me goosebumps! One of my favorite things of the year is a walk (or golf cart or both) around town and the surrounding areas to admire Christmas in San Pedro. There is something so beautiful about seeing Christmas lights�in the evening�while wearing flip-flops and feeling the warm Caribbean breeze.

This will be my 15th Christmas in Belize - and every single year it gives me the "cold seed" - that Kriol for goosebumps. It's such a magical feeling. I don't often make it to town at night - only because we live 8 miles north and I am a bit of a homebody�but I'm staying at the most beautiful spot�an oasis at the very edge of town.

And though it was hard to leave THIS view, I did. To take some quick snapshots.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop
[Linked Image]

Holiday Season | December in Belize | Decorated San Pedro

Last Sunday night was a sure sign it's December in San Pedro Belize - with our annual tree lighting festivities. In an effort to keep crowds low, the San Pedro Town Council was encouraging people to watch the live ceremony via the San Pedro Town Council Facebook page.

Knowing she was looking for a Christmas event, I had made a last-minute plan to go with my friend Rosemary. We decided to meet at the clock tower and agreed to enjoy the event from the outer edges of the park. Although the park was dark, words of Love, Joy, and Hope sparkled their inspiring messages. For the blue-shirted boy below, Love came in the form of a spontaneous glitter jungle gym.

Click here to read the rest of the article in Tacogirl's Blog
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board