AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Tami Jim Morris Music - 03/20/02 06:55 PM
For those of you who are planning to be in AC the week of April 13-20, I found some info on when and where Jim Morris (music similar to Jimmy Buffett)will be performing:

Saturday 13, Ramón's Village, 6:00 concert, (Rum punch and Appetizers included) $20

Monday 15, Dock Side Bar, 6:00 happy hour and 7:00 concert, $10

Wednesday, 17, Ramón's, 7:00 Beach Bar-B-Q and concert, $30

Friday 19, Dock Side Bar, 6:00 happy hour and concert at 7:00, $10

Hope to see you there!!

Cheers,
Tami
Newport Beach, CA
Posted By: Seaislegal Re: Jim Morris Music - 03/21/02 11:56 PM
I think we are going to do the one on the 13th, might as well start out the trip with a fun party!

Well actually,, we'll have been partying a few hours already anyway .. probably starting on the flight from Atlanta to Miami, then Miami to Belize, then just keeping it going...!!

Andrea
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 03/22/02 01:17 AM
Cheers to that, Andrea!!

I agree...the 13th at Ramons sounds like a plan. What a great way to kick off the first day in Belize. I will see ya there!!

Tami
Posted By: otzzie Re: Jim Morris Music - 03/25/02 02:59 PM
Saturday 13th sounds good to us too.We are a couple of PH's from the Tulsa,OK chapter and will be arriving on the 12th. We have never heard Jim Morris ,but, if he does Buffett music that is good enough for us. It will be a good warm-up for us before the real-deal. The Tulsa PH club is going down to the Buffett concert in Dallas on the 25th. Fins Up! See you guys on the 13th.
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 03/25/02 05:25 PM
Sounds great, Otzzie!!

Jimmy Buffett comes to our town every year and...oh, what an experience! Fun, is all I can say! I think having Jim Morris in Belize will be the next best thing. Great music to have while relaxing in the sun, having a Belikin (or two...or three!)

Less than 3 weeks away! Yipppeeee!!

See ya there,
Tami
Posted By: Seaislegal Re: Jim Morris Music - 03/25/02 06:08 PM
Jim Morris also plays the Parrothead Convention in Key West each year. Plus tours the country with his band. Yep, his music is very Buffett influenced. I have three of his CDs, all really good!

We have our Buffett concert June 29th, tickets sold out in 5 minutes.. got mine though!

Andrea in Atlanta
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 03/27/02 07:30 PM
To everyone planning to be in AC the week of April 13-20th....if you wanted to check out Jim Morris at any of the dates mentioned above, you would have call Fish Head Music at 941 505-0016 to purchase tickets in advance. I was told they need to let Ramon's know, in advance, how many people will be there.

I am still planning to attend the April 13th event ~ a great way to start off my first day in Belize. Hope to see you there!

Only a couple more weeks!! Yay!

Tami
Newport Beach, CA
Posted By: Seaislegal Re: Jim Morris Music - 03/29/02 09:30 PM
Called and booked my group of 11 to see Jim Morris on the 13th. Thats the one that includes the rum punch and hor doerves. We'll just unpack and trek down the beach from Banana Beach to Ramons to join the party.

That will be a fun start to a great week in AC!! Two weeks and we are there.. woo hoo!

Andrea in Atlanta
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 03/30/02 01:13 AM
I also got tickets for the show at Ramon's Village on the 13th! I can't wait...what an awesome way to start off our time in Belize!

See ya then,
Tami [Linked Image]
Posted By: DC6pack Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/03/02 03:52 AM
Hey Tami,
Just read your reveiw and plans for Jim Morris on the 13th. We are staying Ramon's and will look forward to starting our vacation with a few Belikins and rum punch and GREAT music. We love Jimmy Buffet and that style of music. Hope to get crazy with you all!!

David & Carol
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/03/02 03:55 AM
Sounds great, David and Carol. We look forward to seeing you. Like I said, I think it will be a great way to start off our time in Belize. We fly into Belize and then San Pedro on the afternoon of the 13th. No need to waste any time! [Linked Image]

See ya at Ramon's Village!
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/03/02 04:28 AM
Long live "The Doors"!!!
Posted By: kippe Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/06/02 01:38 AM
am coming down on the sixteenth, oh mama. do you think i will have to get tickets in advance for all the concerts, the ones i will catch, that is?
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/06/02 03:28 AM
Not sure if you will have to get all tickets in advance. I would call Sharon at the ticket office and ask. The number is 941 505-0016.

Hope to see ya in Paradise!

Cheers,
Tami
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/06/02 04:11 AM
i am just still amazed that you have to buy tickets for a show in san pedro. tickets? in san pedro, right?
Posted By: kippe Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/06/02 06:48 AM
I'm sort of thinking the same, tickets?, in SP, you gotta be kidding me, but this is one guy I don't want to miss. So.....thanks for phone number. Can't wait to get down, it is actually snowing in PA tonight!
Posted By: Seaislegal Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/08/02 10:37 PM
The ones on the 15th and 19th you can just pay at the door. The others are pre-pay because they have to order/pay for the food/rum punch in advance.

I'll be at the one on the 13th for sure.. will see where the wind blows me the rest of hte week..

Andrea
Posted By: DC6pack Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/09/02 03:35 AM
Just bought are tickets for the 13th.
let the party begin!
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/09/02 03:56 AM
Whoo-Hoooo!!! See ya there!!

Tami [Linked Image]
Posted By: otzzie Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/09/02 04:00 AM
Andrea(Atlanta) and Tami(Newport),
I think that they decided to have a "pay-in-advance" policy once they heard that you guys were coming into town, and read some of the messages about how thirsty that you guys were going to be! Hey, do you know what time it is?...."it's time for a Parrot-Head Team drink!" See you guys on the 13th....Michael& GerryAnn
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/09/02 05:24 AM
I'm with you Jane!!! What will thay do????Block off main street??? SP shoul be experienced spontaneously.....justlet it flow.....ebb....tide....stars...planets and moon's....Let it flow.........BUT ALWAYS BELIZE IT!!!!!!!! Going to bed...8 days from now---------PARADISE!!!!! BILL AND BERND>>>>>>>LIVE ONES ARE COMING!!!!! BE WARE!!
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/09/02 06:10 AM
I hope you are right, GerryAnn and Michael! If you are, that means that they will stock up on more alcoholic beverages for us all! That way, we will not run out! hee-hee!

"ParrotHead Team Drink" it is!!!

Cheers!
Tami [Linked Image]
Posted By: MandM Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/09/02 12:01 PM
Hey Otzzie/Michael,

I tried replying to your email and it was rejected with the following:

<<< 550 otzzie IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS SENDER
550 <[email protected]>... User unknown

What's up?
Posted By: Seaislegal Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/09/02 02:52 PM
Hey, who told them how thirsty we were... ??!! Well, actually thats good.. they can stock up on more beverages then!! Ready to be laid back, and Cay wasted! 4 days till the fun begins.... and counting

Andrea in rainy Atlanta
Posted By: DC6pack Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/10/02 02:35 AM
Hey
Count us in on the Parrot Head Team Drink. Will look forward to many Belekins and rum punch and blue thingy. I'm usually a sprinter, but I will try for the long distance team since we are in Belize with great teammates.
It's Wed.,Thurs.,Fri.,and then Belizing it!!!! Yahoooooo!
David and carol
Posted By: chanin Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/10/02 05:24 AM
Ok all you Jim Morris/Parrot Heads....
don't have too much fun on the 13th...
I don't wanna be the only one at BC's and the Palapa bar the next day becuase everyone else is still recuperating!
HeeHee
P.S. remember the vitamin B and asprin [Linked Image]
Posted By: otzzie Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/10/02 01:00 PM
OK..It is great to hear that we will have to do a Parrot-Head Team Drink in AC. This is just a training message for all you non-Parrot-Head followers on what a Team-Drink is all about. Someone in the establishment gets up and places the open beverage in hand on top on one's head and yells..."Hey Parrot-Heads do you know what time it is....at that point the group automatically also places the beverage in hand on top on their head and yells back..."it's time for a Team drink". You then remove the beverage of choice from your head and place it in your mouth and take a good slug. This is a very complex maneuver and takes a lot of practice to get it right. There is no minimum or maximum age requirement to do this move....just a lot of laughs.
Posted By: Seaislegal Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/10/02 02:43 PM
We plan on making BCs the next day for sure! I have all the essentials packed to make sure of that.. asprin, ibuprophen, pepto..etc, etc! Heck, after doing 10 days of partying and fun in Key West before, we've had plenty of practice!! We'll just need a vacation to recover from this vacation when we get back home!

3 more days to go.... !!!!!!!!
Andrea in Atlanta
Posted By: DC6pack Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/11/02 03:10 AM
Hey team drinkers,
Not only do we have vit. B but natural herb called Liv-J which helps liver to clean out all unwanted toxins. will bring some to share. It works! 3 DAYS!!! Can't wait.
Dave & Carol
Posted By: otzzie Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/11/02 03:34 AM
Seaislegal, Hi Andrea. We just had our monthly Tulsa Parrot Head meeting last night and it was a blast! About 100 crazy members talking about going to the Dallas concert on the 25th. I was talkint to one of our members who had stayed last year at the Capricorn Resort (North side of town) and they just loved it. They say that that we have to do the sail trip to Caukler Caye because that is really a very laid-back island. They also mentioned that you do not need to take a big bag of clothes....you will put on one pair of cutoffs and will he able to wear same cut-offs for the next week.
Hey, who cares about Politics, or Politically correct...I am going to AC in 2 days!!!!!
Posted By: otzzie Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/11/02 04:27 AM
Hey, DC6Pack, what are you takinig about for some recovery using your B.
Posted By: Seaislegal Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/11/02 03:43 PM
Sailing trip sounds like fun. We are already going cave tubing with SeaDuced on Monday. I am definitely excited to do that as it sounds like an incredible and unique trip.. floating through caves in the jungle! Some of our gang is diving, but being a surface dweller I want to do some snorkeling and boat trips!

2 more days.. work sucks this week so I can't WAIT to get out of this place!
Andrea in Atlanta
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/11/02 04:35 PM
Yes, Andrea...the cave tubing trip will be a blast. I can hardly wait. I also plan on going sailing sometime during the week. I hear that there are sailing trips to snorkeling spots. Sailing and snorkeling...the best of both worlds!

See ya in 2 days! Jim Morris, here we come!

Tami [Linked Image]

P.S. We are also bringing a cd player with mini speakers. We take them on every trip. Hopefully Jim Morris will have some more cds there to sell and we can add it to our cd collection. We plan to listen to that type of music throughout the week....there is nothing like listening to some Jimmy Buffet and reggae style music, while sitting in the sun having a chilled drink. Talk about "getting your groove on". ha! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tami Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/12/02 04:16 PM
See all of you Party People at the Jim Morris gig tomorrow night! I land in AC at 4pm and will go to the hotel, drop off our stuff and then trek on over to Ramon's Village. Save some rum for me!! [Linked Image]

One more day until Paradise!!

Cheers,
Tami
Posted By: Ken-Do Re: Jim Morris Music - 04/12/02 08:19 PM
Jim Morris will def have Cd's for sale .. Prob other stuff too ..
have seen him many times From NY -south to KW and Places in between MD DE PA(ETC)
He has a song called "THREE DAY Drunk, Looking for a Place to Happen ,,
We are calling our Trip .. THREE "PLANE" Drunk....
Bring the Rubber Chickens !!!!!
Join The Hammock Club
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board