AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Deirdre Where to stay up North ? Casa Azul! - 02/28/02 07:04 PM
Hi!

We're recently back from two wonderful weeks on AC. We stayed up North for the first week in the glorious Casa Azul. If you are looking for complete and unfettered relaxation, you can do no better than hang out in the hammocks under the Casa's own palapa!

The house is located close to Mata Rocks resort, so you can hop over there to dine if you don't feel like cooking yourself (although we used the Casa's BBQ most nights...no fuss, no mess and delicious results!). The house itself is a pleasure to stay in, with its soaring ceilings and beachfront location.

The Casa also has about 200 feet of its own fabulous beach front. And I mean really fabulous. Beautifully landscaped with palms and small "solar ground lights" that are unspeakably romantic at night. And best of all, the beach is all "yours"!

Gazing at the stars from the dock at night is one memory that will stay with me always. The other, is watching the sun-rise in the morning ... from my bed!!

The house also comes with a Kayak. We paddled out to the reef a number of times and tied up to a special buoy that is placed out there. The snorkelling was really very good. Not quite as pristine as Mexico Rocks...but, hey, you can go anytime you want and it is for free!!

And finally, one of the Casa's best assets is Rick and Sara, the co-managers. They were simply wonderful throughout our stay, responding immediately to any request we had and also giving us loads of helpful advice about what to do.

Do I sound like I'm gushing? Well...it's all true!

Deirdre
Posted By: BEACH BOUND Re: Where to stay up North ? Casa Azul! - 03/03/02 06:45 PM
Hi,

I will be staying at Casa Azul in July. Your report sounds heavenly. I am now more anxious than ever for July to get here.
How was traveling to San Pedro by water taxi? Was it difficult? or Easy?
I am sure I could think of other questions, but I am so excited to have an actual report of Casa, I can't think of them at this time....
Angela
Posted By: Johnboy Re: Where to stay up North ? Casa Azul! - 03/03/02 09:16 PM
Deirdre,
Are there two Mata Rocks??? We are booked at Mata Rocks for June30---July8th But it is south of San Pedro...John
Posted By: Deirdre Re: Where to stay up North ? Casa Azul! - 03/04/02 03:37 PM
Hi Beachbound and Johnboy,

Oooops...got my Mata's all in a tangle. I meant Mata CHICA (not Mata Rocks). Sorry if this created confusion!

Re: getting into town. We used the Island Ferry, which runs on a regular schedule, with no problem. You just cal ahead and ask them to pick you up. There is a phone in the Casa.

Also, if Rick and Sara happen to be going into town, you can likely arrange to go in with them. We also walked into town one morning. It took us about two hours...but walking was a great way to see the island (which is what we wanted to do). And, by the time you get into town, you really feel like you deserve a nice cold one!

Cheers!
Deirdre
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board