AmbergrisCaye.com Home

BBQ ON THE BEACH

Posted By: mountain Larry

BBQ ON THE BEACH - 04/05/02 09:09 PM

Although I plan on sampling many of the wonderful foods available on the island I also thought it might be nice to grill on the beach some evening. Is this allowed? Would our hotel have a grill that we could borrow? Or would this just be too much hassle?
Posted By: Big Frank

Re: BBQ ON THE BEACH - 04/05/02 10:46 PM

Yes, it is allowed and common. Or, if you catch a nice fish many restaurants will cook it for you. I think Estelle's will. I appreciate that--it's the cave man in me that likes to play with fire :^}
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: BBQ ON THE BEACH - 04/06/02 11:52 AM

all you have to do is ask, we have done it several times with no problems... Rick
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: BBQ ON THE BEACH - 04/06/02 04:08 PM

You can also take a day trip out fishing/snorkeling...and they will take you to a more secluded place and do a beach bar b q with just you all. They will (or you if you like) cook your catch for the day on an open fire of coconut shells....we always go with a guide named HillyBoo. If ya want more of a crowd and live music-the Holiday Hotel does it's beach bar b q on Weds. nights. In my opinion it might be kinda awkward to be out there just cooking for a few??!! You might want to think about the day trip.....unless your're gonna cook for us all-----PARTY!!!! C
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board