AmbergrisCaye.com Home

AC in July?

Posted By: Brian63

AC in July? - 06/16/02 04:05 PM

I found some decent airfare to Belize for mid-July, but can't decide if I should go or not. Since I want to do alot of snorkeling and perhaps some mainland trips I'm concerned about the weather at this time of year. I'd hate to go and be stuck inside all week because of the rain. Can anyone put my fears to rest?
Posted By: silly

Re: AC in July? - 06/16/02 04:31 PM

We were their last July and we will be going again this July. It is hot.It didn't rain everyday but when it did, the storms were quick, moving right across the island.They didn't keep us from doing anything we had planned. Now that was our experience last summer.I am sure there are times when it does rain all day for several days. It shouldn't keep you from planning the trip.
Posted By: d-jon

Re: AC in July? - 06/16/02 05:51 PM

Brian63 I do agree the weather in July is very nice it may rain for about 5 mins and then clears up again like nothing happened.

Where on the mainland do you plan to visit? You might want to consider then Cayo area for a couple of days for some good tours.

I can always point you in the right direction.

[email protected]
Posted By: midwest traveler

Re: AC in July? - 06/16/02 06:47 PM

For advice regarding the Cayo...and I have been reading a lot of what everyone has written...we are thinking of having about 3 days in the jungle...thinking of staying at crystal paradise, but were also told it is worth paying more to stay at the cave branch and do the cave tubing...recommendations???
Posted By: Brian63

Re: AC in July? - 06/17/02 12:35 AM

Thanks everyone for the information and advice! I found similar views while searching back through the forums. So, I guess I shouldn't let the weather affect my decision.

d-jon: Since this will be my first trip (solo) to Belize, I was planning on staying on AC and making at least one trip to the mainland, either for hiking or tubing. Any recommendations there?
Posted By: d-jon

Re: AC in July? - 06/17/02 01:23 AM

Brian63, you might want to consider one of the day trip from AC to Altun Ha.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board