AmbergrisCaye.com Home

2 Days - What have we forgotten?

Posted By: mddev

2 Days - What have we forgotten? - 04/03/02 09:10 PM

Only 2 more days!!!

We've got our suit,sandals and sunglasses - What have we left out! Mark and Kate

Re: 2 Days - What have we forgotten? - 04/03/02 09:11 PM

and it's snowing in Chicago right now. LOL.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: 2 Days - What have we forgotten? - 04/03/02 09:22 PM

spf 30, camera, tourist $$ and ZIPLOCS!!!!!

(just in case: tylenol/advil, benedryl cream, waterproof bandaids, pepto or immodium advanced)

oh, and a smile!!!
Posted By: Bobber

Re: 2 Days - What have we forgotten? - 04/03/02 09:42 PM

Me !!!
Posted By: Gela

Re: 2 Days - What have we forgotten? - 04/04/02 04:23 AM

If you go on day trips back to mainland, you may want to bring a pair of binoculars. Your own snorkel gear if you have it. A good protective hat, insect repelant with deet,and just remember you can leave your cares behind!

Re: 2 Days - What have we forgotten? - 04/04/02 04:39 AM

Can't wait. Been planning for a while now. Hopefully going to see some of everything without rushing too much.
Posted By: KimBehindDoorNbr3

Re: 2 Days - What have we forgotten? - 04/04/02 04:48 PM

...if you tend towards "sneezy", you may wanna bring along some extra-strength allergy killer stuff.

I've been on miscellaneous lung/nose steriods for for over a decade--so long that I no longer even think of the symptoms that I take them for. In the jungle, the (likely) mold & pollen is like so high that I was sneezing, dripping & and wheezing by Day Two. On the cayes, I'm guessing that it's the dust that's high. Actually had to use my rescue inhaler. (I know, what a NERD !!!) Haven't had to use that in years.

Yep, those 9 days were so terribly hard on my delicate system that...we'll just have to go back for 16 days in November!!!

(Also, if you're a contact wearer, the fine sand on AC *will* become one with your lenses. Bring a couple of extra pairs if yours are disposible...and load up on cheap sunglasses. Heck, save time and money, maybe just duct tape your scuba goggles to your head for the week.)

If your hair is much longer than a crew-cut, you may wanna think of "hair outta the face control" before you leave. "Stacking" it in a ballcap is great. (Interestingly, your hair feels unusually "thick" when you're down there. In my case, it wasn't until I got home that I realized just how much weight sand+dust+salt+Deet+baby oil+sweat+party fouls can add to your head.

God, I miss it SOOO much...

To terribly mis-quote a recent email with our very own RobertE, "When I'm really sweaty, I like to bathe in Penzoil, roll in kitty litter and drink a fifth of coconut rum. It's the next best thing to being there!" ;-)

Have a WONDERFUL time !!!
Posted By: diveron

Re: 2 Days - What have we forgotten? - 04/04/02 07:50 PM

Bring a couple of thermal mugs with lids to keep the sand out. Ice melts fast on AC...Belize it!!!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board