AmbergrisCaye.com Home
[Linked Image]

I jumped in the golf cart a few days ago and drove to the newly opened Margaritaville Belize at 13 miles north Ambergris Caye. (The 13 miles is measured from Central Park, San Pedro - or so says local lore) I live 8 miles north, Ambergris Caye so�the ride isn't technically that far. Only 4.5-5 miles or so�and it takes me about 35 minutes to drive south to San Pedro town. But this ride north is different� But as you go farther north on Ambergris Caye, the road tends to see less maintenance (if any) and then disappears altogether.

For those new here, this post is getting deep in the weeds. But here's the overview: the island has a bridge connecting San Pedro town (red box) to north Ambergris Caye - the road is then paved to about 4 miles north. And then is hard-packed fill to about 10 miles north. (This official road was finished in 2014 - until then almost everyone traveled to north Ambergris Caye via boat)

So�I am starting my drive at home -about 8.5 miles north. About where the Mexico Rocks Marine Reserve ends.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Scoop
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board