AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: MoMOM Seeking AC info - 03/24/02 11:56 PM
I am seeking info regarding a trip to AC for two 18-year old males who will just have graduated from high school. They are both mature and well traveled. They are interested mainly in fishing and snorkeling. Is this a reasonably safe trip for them? Any recommendations on places to stay? Any other advice?
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: Seeking AC info - 03/25/02 12:44 AM
Excellent choice MoMom. Two 18 year olds will have a ball in AC. Lots to do at night and great snorkeling and fishing during daytime. AC is a fairly safe destination but you must take precautions as you would at home.

Jim
Posted By: scott meyer Re: Seeking AC info - 03/26/02 03:43 PM
i can guarantee you that they will be solicited to buy marijuana on a regular basis....when i went down there in feb with my son we were asked if we wanted weed...
....smoke....ganja everyday we were there...i'm 42 and my son is 22....they weren't agressive about it and we just said no thank you and had no problems at all...
Posted By: Debbie Re: Seeking AC info - 03/26/02 06:13 PM
If they are mature and well travelled, I don't see a problem at all. They will have a wonderful time... Just be sure they are well informed of the drugs as mentioned above, and the consequences of being caught with it in a foreign country. Also that the incidence of HIV and AIDS is significantly higher in Belize than in many other countries. Reality bites.... What a wonderful adventure to start out their adult lives with!! They will have a ball.
Debbie
Posted By: IslandinParadise Re: Seeking AC info - 03/26/02 11:29 PM
Being a 17 year old girl who has travled to Ambergris several times, most recently over Christmas with my then 20 year old sister, I know that they will definitly be fine. You say they are well traveled so they shouldn't have any problems at the airports. Yes, they will definitly be offered marijuana but I'm sure that the same thing happens to them at their high school at home. Just make sure they know to say no. Safety shouldn't be a problem. I feel safe walking around town by myself at pretty much anytime. Usually late at night (past midnight,)I don't like to walk around by myself or with just my sister. But I think this is mainly just because we are girls. Truthfully, I feel safer walking aroudn Ambergris then I do walking around my hometown. They should have a wonderful time, there is just enough night life to keep people entertained and the clubs are especially fun. Plus, the teens there are so friendly that they will probably wind up making some great friends. When are they planning on going? I will be there from July 19-August 20. Check out my website www.geocities.com/islandinparadisebz for some fun stuff to do from a teens view.

[This message has been edited by IslandinParadise (edited 03-26-2002).]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board