AmbergrisCaye.com Home

question regarding taking needed prescriptions on the trip?!

Posted By: sharri

question regarding taking needed prescriptions on the trip?! - 04/03/02 07:02 AM

My husband & I have 14 days left before we get to AC(paradise!!!--meaning 7 days with no KIDS!!) One of the "what to take" reports said something about taking a copy of prescription drugs with you---does that mean, just in case you lose and need to have it refilled OR do you have to show proof(other than the pill bottle) what it is/where you got it, etc.? May be a dumb question. Other than that, we're gearing up for a great adventure!! Cannot wait. We will be at Banana Beach April 16-23. Sounds heavenly!!!! sharri
Posted By: NYgal

Re: question regarding taking needed prescriptions on the trip?! - 04/03/02 03:11 PM

I take my medications with me. I have never been questioned. I don't think it's anything to worry about. So don't.
Put them in your carry on bag so you don't lose them. They may not be replaceable immediately. [Linked Image]

Enjoy your trip.
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: question regarding taking needed prescriptions on the trip?! - 04/03/02 03:20 PM

I have never been questioned either and they're always in my carry-on!! C
Posted By: NJgirl

Re: question regarding taking needed prescriptions on the trip?! - 04/03/02 04:39 PM

If I remember correctly, I think the report said to bring a copy of the prescription for your eyeglasses, just in case you lost them.

As for prescription medications, as long as they're in their original containers, it should be no problem.

Enjoy your trip!! We hope to make it down in June sometime.
Posted By: DC6pack

Re: question regarding taking needed prescriptions on the trip?! - 04/08/02 08:09 PM

Question about taking vitamins?
My wife and I are big on taking natrual herbs and vitamins instead of meds. Will we have trouble if in original bottle?
Thnks
D&C
Posted By: Gela

Re: question regarding taking needed prescriptions on the trip?! - 04/08/02 08:50 PM

DC6Pack, I've brought in my vitamins in a small baggie (to save room) and was never questioned about it.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: question regarding taking needed prescriptions on the trip?! - 04/08/02 09:24 PM

i brought all our silly needs, rx & not, randomly mixed in a brown rx bottle. it was never questioned.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board