AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: jkrossel Where to stay? - 04/09/02 03:49 PM
We are looking for a place to stay July 27-Aug 3rd on Ambergis caye. Are looking for privacy and an tropical island atmosphere, but still would like to be able to visit town. Like to sail, snorkel, kayak and scuba. Will probably do a few inland tours to ruins and caves. Prefer an inclusive package. Also like lying around a pool, and oceanfront view. Two adults, no children. Our first visit. Not a huge budget, but want someplace nice. thanks for any help/advice you can give.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Where to stay? - 04/09/02 03:53 PM
i am staying at caribe island resort in june. it looks nice, and has most of what you are looking for. there aren't too many inclusives, and i (personally) would NOT RECOMMEND all inclusive on the island. there are a dozen places to walk to to eat [Linked Image]

belize it
Posted By: Scott Re: Where to stay? - 04/12/02 04:25 AM
A one bedroom apartment at The Palms means you can have breakfast on your balcony (and save money), fix your own lunch (once or twice and save some money) then SPLURGE on great dinners, diving and mainland tours. It's in town and quiet. The perfect place, in my opinion...

Scott
Posted By: Big Frank Re: Where to stay? - 04/12/02 03:08 PM
I have stayed at Caribe Island and, as you describe your needs,it is The Bomb. Full service dive shop, cool pool, 5:00 volleyball game, Albert makes great rum punches. 1/2 mile from Victoria house for a good beach stumble. Shuttle to town[3 miles] 2 or 3 times a day and free bikes. You could pay more or less on the island but, My wife and I agree that it is terrific. Good food at a good price, but not what I would call a feature meal.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board