AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: flyfisher Best place to snorkle without a guide? - 05/05/02 03:41 AM
We have our own equipment and were thinking about going out without a guide.. Anyone else ventured out on their own? Any good spots you can reccomend from the beach?
Posted By: Marty Re: Best place to snorkle without a guide? - 05/05/02 04:02 AM
i'd just pay a guide to take you round and watch the boat while you snorkle. the best spots are out at the reef, so close but its definently a boat out there....
Posted By: d-jon Re: Best place to snorkle without a guide? - 05/05/02 04:31 AM
i would agree, it's best to go on a snorkell trip especially if you'll be staying in AC that is so far from the reef, not like the cayes here in the south that are literally on the reef eg South Water Caye.
Debbie.
Posted By: sscubabob Re: Best place to snorkle without a guide? - 05/05/02 04:39 AM
The only place that I've heard of is on the most norhern part.
Posted By: KJ Re: Best place to snorkle without a guide? - 05/06/02 03:00 PM
It depends where you are staying. If you happen to be north, we took a kayak out to the reef. This is easier to do north because there is less boat traffic. Some resorts also have buoys to tie up to. I believe Journeys End and Capt Morgan does. We also just snorkled around the dock and had fun playing with the huge hermit crabs, crabs, and fed sardines to the barracudas, snappers, etc. We were 4 miles north at Belizean Shores.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board