AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marktr6 Belikin Beer - 05/30/02 07:20 PM
While in San Pedro last week we were able to buy cases of Belikin at the local distributor. I have lost the receipts with the name, but it is directly across from the newest grocery store at the S type curve. It is right where the road changes from stones to sand.

The price was $46 Belize ($23 US) for cold cases. Hot beer was about $2.00 less per case. This included a $6.80 Belize ($3.40 US) deposit on the bottles. You will get that money back if you return the empties. They were not open on Sunday when we tried to return 6 empty cases, so we gave the bottles to some local kids that could turn them in for the money. You would have thought we had given them $100 each they way they reacted.

This is a great way to stock up your in room fridge to make sure you have enough.
Posted By: NoManIsAnIslandJack Re: Belikin Beer - 05/30/02 07:52 PM
Good Tip! I will be there for 7 days I will need 7 cases for just myself!
Posted By: Enigma Re: Belikin Beer - 05/30/02 08:07 PM
Haha!
And an ambulance for your liver waiting stateside on your return!

Let the party begin!
Posted By: Boilermaker Re: Belikin Beer - 05/30/02 09:41 PM
Any ideas on how to go about getting Belikin beer in the State? My local distributor can't get it!
Posted By: NoManIsAnIslandJack Re: Belikin Beer - 05/30/02 09:50 PM
I heard of these two truckers that would bootleg brew from Arkansas to Texas. But I don't know how to get a hold of them.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Belikin Beer - 05/30/02 09:55 PM
I don't think Belikin has been sold in the U.S. since 1984, when Belize had a display at the World's Fair in New Orleans and sold beer there. Bowen & Bowen announced a couple of years ago that they were going to expand their brewing capacity to they could export beer, but that hasn't come to fruition yet.

--Lan Sluder www.belizefirst.com
Posted By: FosterStars Re: Belikin Beer - 05/30/02 10:29 PM
I used to know two guys who bootlegged a truckload of Coors original from Texas to Georgia a little more than 20 years ago -- before you could get Coors anywhere but Texas and Colorado. One of them drove a Trans Am to distract the police. The truck driver had a bassett hound named Fred.
Posted By: Gela Re: Belikin Beer - 05/30/02 10:33 PM
For those of you who don't want to spend the time picking up the beer - just have your hotel order it for you. Seven Seas confirmed that a case will be waiting for me!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board