AmbergrisCaye.com Home

ANY SECLUDED SPOTS?

Posted By: SWEETYPIE

ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/10/02 11:39 PM

HI ALL,
THIS WILL BE MY FIRST VISIT TO AC. I'M HOPING SOME OF YOU SEASONED VETS CAN HELP. Y'ALL GOT ME PUMPED UP TO GO, BUT I'M WONDERING WHERE THE BEST PLACES ARE TO STAY WITH THE LEAST FOOT TRAFFIC (THAT WON'T BREAK THE BANK). WE'D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO LOUNGE IN A HAMMOCK OR ON THE PORCH TO READ FOR A BIT DURING THE DAY.
Posted By: Johnboy

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/10/02 11:55 PM

We stay at MataRocks. They have Hammocks & beach chairs --We didn't notice hardly any foot traffic,. It is south of town enough not to have a lot of traffic(Foot)..We rent a golf cart & love it...
Posted By: silly

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 12:04 AM

We stay at the Victoria House. It is also outh of town. Very pretty, quiet, relaxing.
I am not sure what "breaking the bank" would be for you but they do have their rates on their website at Victoria-House.com.
Good luck!
Posted By: seashell

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 12:38 AM

Why not take a look at Seven Seas?

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 01:59 AM

Thanks for the quick response. Just a couple more questions. Has anyone stayed at Ramon's Village? If so, do you know what the rates are per day or week? Also, anyone know if the Hotel del Rio's cabanas have good ocean views?
Posted By: ellydognme

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 02:31 AM

Here is a realted question . . .
I am staying at Rubies during my visit and while a great choice for my budget (Able to stay two weeks now instead of one!), the beach there definitely does not look like the most picturesque place on the island. If I want to walk down and relax at one of the prettier spots, are the lounge chairs featured in most of the other hotels pictures ok to use (assuming no one is in it!), or is this considered a breach of beach etiquette resulting in my being chased off with a fly swatter by the beach patrol?

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 05:11 AM

That's a good question. I know I for one would like to leave the running shoes at home!
Posted By: Wendy

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 05:53 AM

The beaches are not "owned". Yes, you can use the beach (and lounges) at Ramon's.
Ruby's actually has a nice beach, I swim there often. There is some seagrass but you can swim over it!
Posted By: aqtpie2

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 01:26 PM

I never stayed at Rubies, but ate there plenty. I know that there are lounge chairs right there on their beach and it is a very nice beach for in town. We eat our breakfast right there in the AM.
Posted By: Marty

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 07:19 PM

All beaches in Belize are public. The Lounge chairs at Ramon's Village are
reserved for Ramon's Village guests only.
Posted By: forick

Re: ANY SECLUDED SPOTS? - 06/11/02 11:25 PM

I usually stay at Coconuts, reasonable, clean, outside bar makes the best pina colata's on the island and serves "BELICAN". Hammoks (sp?) abound between palms with chairs under a huge tree in the sand court yard. An excellent local food rest. a few steps around the corner and not much traffic in beach.

For fishing, diving try the boys that sail the "Rum Runner" wonderful locals that have been there for generations.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board