AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sweetjane pics, but not of AC - 06/20/02 08:20 PM
this was the Belize Botanical Gardens.

hope you like pics of flowers & stuff. i love to take them.

these flowers, while not all "beautiful", are all native to belize.
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=840442172871_64836506403&US=0&collid=41874606403
Posted By: SanHam Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/20/02 09:23 PM
WOW,

Thanks, SJ, those were picture perfect. How come my pics don't come out like that. On my next visit, I will definitely stay inland for a few days rather than all my time in AC. I plan on taking my 5 year old and he loves bugs, plants, animals so it should be a good fit. I look forward to hearing more on what your kids enjoyed. Good pics.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/20/02 09:55 PM
i took up photography, on my own, just this past october, at age 38. now i love it.

why my pics never came out like that before? my camera sucked. so, for my birthday, we invested in an expensive digital with a 10x zoom. specifically, an olympus c-700. you don't have to go that extreme, but digital definately helps.

and practice with it before you go, or you may be disappointed.

in cayo, i had a camera sticking out of my face for 4 straight days.

just wait for the next batch!! even better!
Posted By: sweetjane Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/21/02 03:06 AM
ready?
Posted By: ckocian Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/21/02 03:12 AM
Andale!! (That's on-da-lay. Means move it!)
Posted By: Mosquitorose Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/21/02 04:01 AM
Nice SJ..by the way when u click on slide show...also click on play and then u can just sit back and it will do it for you.

MR
Posted By: sweetjane Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/21/02 04:35 PM
(LOL to myself) "andale" is what speedy gonzales used to say!

yes, i am getting there. my pics are not cooperating. they do NOT want to drag & drop. frank wants to recopy them off the laptop again. it took me all day yesterday to get those flower pics to copy, one by one. grrrr.

MR, i thought clicking "play" on the slideshow was a no-brainer, but i forgot who my audience was!
Posted By: KC Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/21/02 09:37 PM
<ahem>
excuse me, audience here....

I prefer to not use the "play" button, but to click to move to the next photo, so I can view each one as long as I wish.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/21/02 10:10 PM
i you know i love you, kathy. i'll take that as a compliment.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/21/02 11:10 PM
toad, dear, if it looks like a duck...
Posted By: KC Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/22/02 04:42 AM
Jane,
The pics are fabulous. Are you self-taught? There are so many things I would love to learn how to do well in this lifetime. Photography is one of them.

Kathy
Posted By: sweetjane Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/22/02 05:40 AM
thanks, kathy. again, i just started last october. f got me a great digital camera with a high-powered zoom & macro funtion for my birthday. the good camera is the key. my point-n-shoot 35 sucked. i never used it.

it is v-beautiful where i live, so i practiced a lot. in short, yes, self taught at age 38.

if you like, i can email you some really nice pics of bucks county pa and my garden.

you too bill.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: pics, but not of AC - 06/22/02 10:37 PM
i see ya got them.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board