AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: o jackie Some Questions - 07/06/02 11:18 AM
Could anyone tell me about how long the walk (in minutes) is from Banana Beach to town? Also is the resturant at Banana Beach is open yet or even built?
RickCheri where is you house located at? I would love to see it if I could find it. After reading about it for 18 months is has my couriosity (?) up.
I guess only one group from the board will be there 8/10 to 8/22. I guess I will have to pick up some new recruits while I am down there.
Posted By: Marty Re: Some Questions - 07/06/02 01:43 PM
I'd say 15 minute walk to town. i do not believe the restaurant is finished yet.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Some Questions - 07/06/02 04:03 PM
toad & spouse get there the 21st!
Posted By: Chloe Re: Some Questions - 07/06/02 04:54 PM
Darn and I will be in Lubbock on 21st.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Some Questions - 07/06/02 05:50 PM
O Jackie-
Its about 1 mile north of the cut, in tres cocos area, It will be on your left, the one with the red roof. Its almost done!!!!!!
Have a great trip, and give us an E when you get back. Thanks, Rick
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Some Questions - 07/06/02 11:06 PM
Where is the Toad these days???? C Jackie....right past Sweet Basil, on the Left, you'll come to a clearing called Tres Cocos gardens..no trees etc... the very first house you see on the left is our baby!!! Right before the Palapa!!! Their may be a guy out in front using our well as a shower..lol..hopefully (or not?) he'll have his clothes on!! hehe...have a great trip!!! C

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 07-06-2002).]
Posted By: o jackie Re: Some Questions - 07/06/02 11:45 PM
I think I remember seeing a Tres Cocos sign last year, but I am not for sure. I was only on that side of town once, for lunch at sweet basils. But I will make a point of if this year to explore a little bit more. I may even have to rent a golf cart if I could find someone to drive it. So when is the big move planned anyway?
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 12:30 AM
hhmmmmm, people who Could drive Jackie o's cart???? Bill is in the states, as well as other friends, look up a Rasta Man named Willie.....what a great and FUNNY guide!!! If i were there, I'd take ya!!!! C....can Paisano drive????? If no one knows, we will find out next time!!! C
Posted By: Chloe Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 12:37 AM
I'll drive, no tipping required.
Posted By: o jackie Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 12:37 AM
Gee, the first thing I think I will do is go look for Paisano, since he is a friend and hung around me a little TOO MUCH the last time, I am sure he will do it.
Chloe, I thought you werent gonna be there.
You may think that I am joking about someone driving. But the last time I drove a foreign(other than a car or my forklift at work) vehicle, I ended up in the hospital with a fractured pelvis, a broken jaw (3 places) and a broken ankle. Then was taken to a geriatric hospital where nobody under 50 had been seen in 14 years, and I closed a bridge during rush hour and made the six oclock news. Oh, that was day 2 of a 3 week vacation.

[This message has been edited by o jackie (edited 07-06-2002).]
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 01:16 AM
ROFLMAO. i'm sorry jackie...that isn't funny. really. (oh ha ha ha hah ah hha ha ha!!!)
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 01:16 AM
and, i am toad.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 02:06 AM
The shell of the restaurant at Banana Beach is built, but it likely won't open until late in the year. From the resort to town is a little over 1 1/2 miles, so however long it takes you to walk that far in the sub-tropical sun is how long it will take you. Me, about 2 hours, with stops along the way.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: Chloe Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 02:46 AM
O jackie, then best you leave the driving to us. Please do not try driving that golf cart on and off the hand pulled ferry.
We do not need you to be the headline in the local newspapers in San Pedro.
Seriously, just take a taxi in and around town and south.
I said Lubbock, but could head south instead of north.......ha ha ha
Posted By: o jackie Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 11:49 AM
Okay Chloe I have to ask, what is Lubbock?
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 04:52 PM
a town in texas.
Posted By: Chloe Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 05:50 PM
Oh much more than a town in Texas.
Texas Tech, my wonderful grandson's new home for four or five years.
Posted By: o jackie Re: Some Questions - 07/07/02 06:59 PM
Thank you very much.
Posted By: denverdan Re: Some Questions - 07/10/02 05:53 PM
Posted By: o jackie Re: Some Questions - 07/10/02 06:43 PM
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board