AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Slick Fly fishing - 08/06/02 01:42 AM
I will be in AC in February and want to fly fish the flats for bonefish. I can afford one or two guided trips, but an interested in the possibility of walking/cycling/golf carting to a flat where I can fish on my own.

Does anyone have any information on where I might go for this? I would be indebted to anyone who can point me in the fight direction.

Slick
Posted By: turquoise waters Re: Fly fishing - 08/08/02 09:12 PM
just go into town and rent a canoe for the day, paddle through the lagoon in back (swest) and through the mangroves (very cool) then you'll end up on the s-west side of the island with beautiful flats where you can bonefish fish right off the beach. very flat, shallow beach with pristine waters. you can see them taunting you. take lunch, sun screen, and water.
Sharon

[This message has been edited by turquoise waters (edited 08-08-2002).]
Posted By: hacker Re: Fly fishing - 08/08/02 09:18 PM
hey ....

We went a couple of years ago, and I found that fishing from the shore could have its moments. There was a great place @ 400 feet past the pull ferry on the north end of town, on the left side of the road. Kinda mucky, but it workes just fine. No bones.... But got a bunch of snapper on a chartruse clouser and a small green grub. Couldnt cast the fly line so went to a spinner with the water float. Major blast!!!!!! locals will take the fish, even hooked a cuda! NO DICE with 6 lb. Remember to bring a small spining rod, cause you gott cast out a bit. Cant wade that particular area. Too busy looking for crocks.

Tight lines
Hacker
Posted By: toad Re: Fly fishing - 08/08/02 11:00 PM
had an old girlfriend who like to fly fish......she'd catch and bring the same thing home...had to get rid of her
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Fly fishing - 08/09/02 06:08 AM
Toad
Just what did she catch?
How did you get rid of her?
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: Fly fishing - 08/09/02 01:36 PM
Flies!!! Threw her back???

Jim
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board