AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Favorite Tropical Drink

Posted By: Hey Jude

Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 12:51 AM

Since we are on the topic of favorites, what are some favorite or recommended tropical drinks to try while on AC? Obviously, the Belikin beer is already on my list. Describe the drink and please suggest where is the best place on AC to try it.
Posted By: Grace

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 01:03 AM

Purple Parrot...Ramon's. Or , of course, Jeagermeister. laugh wink
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 01:15 AM

I always go for shots of gold whereever I am. On AC, rum punches, Belikins, Lighthouse beer, Mata Colada, coconut rum shots, pina coladas. Oh, and don't forget the infamous "Blue Hole" drink at BCs. Smooth, real smooth!

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 01:17 AM

Now that's what I'm talking about! "Blue Hole" at BC's...yeh!! What's in it? Or does it matter?
Posted By: Bonita

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 01:43 AM

Pina Coladas w/grenadine and kamikazee shots @ Fido's are my favorites
Posted By: klcman

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 01:50 AM

anything with alcohol and without pink umbrellas or swizzles stix in shape of fish :p
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 02:06 AM

You'll never forget a"Belizean Mama" mixed by Margie or Ada at Coconuts!

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 02:08 AM

OK...Purple Parrot, Blue Hole, & Belizean Mama, Pina Colada, Kamikazee...keep 'em coming.
Posted By: Richard Chambers

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 03:12 AM

Dirty Banana Colada at Coconuts !! The best on the island. If anyone can give me the recipe, I'll be eternally Grateful for sure!
Richard
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 03:36 AM

now again, i must reiterate that the blue thingy is NOT a belize drink. it is choochoo's drink from indiana.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 04:31 AM

is Indiana in the Caribbean? I thought they were in the Big 10
Posted By: seashell

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 07:58 AM

Shaggy makes a very fine Dirty Banana . . .

And of course, everyone must have a couple of Panty-Rippers.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 12:38 PM

Jane, jane,jane,

Your memory is failing you. The infamous "blue" drink made it's world debut at the Palapa Bar in 1996. There is some suspicion that an overly generous amount of adult beverage consumption proceeded our (our?)instructions to the bar-keep-ette that equal amounts of vodka and gin topped with a dollop of blue curacao might be "fun".

To my liking, it is VERY tropical. Certainly after the third or fourth. VERY tropical.

CC
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 02:09 PM

Coconut Rum shots for sure!!! I call them "Coconut Curls"!!! Hence my nickname there-Coconut. C
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 03:17 PM

I'm a panty ripper kind of chick. And while I think that Zeke's make a killer ripper in St. Auggie, I still have to say Albert is the best. And those Brain Cell shots he makes... come on guys.... those will kick your butt.
I also have to give great cudo's to Don at Canuck's. He's the one who got me started on PR's over a year ago...

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/05/02 08:58 PM

Purple Parrot, Blue Hole, Belizean Mama, Pina Colada, Kamikazee, Dirty Banana, Panty-Ripper, Coconut Curls, & Brain Cell. Good thing I will be there for almost two weeks. cool
Posted By: o jackie

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/06/02 05:11 PM

Mata Colada from Mata Rocks and some kind of banana drink-spermbank confused . you will have to ask my favorite bartender Ada, for sure.
Jackie
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/06/02 07:19 PM

Cane juice & agua with a squash of lime.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/07/02 04:36 PM

well, well, well, we have stayed at coconuts a couple of times which got me hooked on belizean mamas fast, we always return to the scene of the crime each trip but that is for the love of margie and ada.
my fav drink is my own creation. pineapple juice and lemon rum.
after a day in the hot sun the coconut rum got a bit sticky sweet. try the lemon rum next time.
cool
gay
Posted By: Loie

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/07/02 10:17 PM

I prefer to be overserved with a Panty Ripper and a good old Screwdriver.

Wait...that doesn't necessarily make me look good does it.

eek laugh
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/07/02 10:37 PM

Just give me a VO water....fast ! laugh

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/08/02 01:11 AM

choochoo, i stand corrected. see, i was on AC hiatis from '93-'00, and then, i get there after 7 years, and there you were with one. first time i'd seen it. mistake on my part, as always.

i drank something at el patio that knocked my sox off...an islander?

here is a pic of our host with albert's famous brain cells. man, they went down gooood wink

http://www.pbase.com/image/3897090
Posted By: Rubba

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/08/02 03:08 AM

Wow Jane... what a great pic. So sharp! ...and that drink looks like nothing Ive ever seen. What the heck is it???

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/08/02 03:47 AM

Jane,
Awesome pic! I'm gonna have to have one of those. So does it enhance one's brain cells, or obliterate them?
Posted By: bboop

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/08/02 05:26 PM

Our group's favorite drink is Panty Rippers @
Cholos. A little beach bar next to Lilies.
Freddy(Dreddy) makes the BEST ones.
Right Snowbird!!!!
Posted By: snowbird

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/08/02 06:03 PM

Hi bb - yes I agree!! The ones we made ourselves were pretty tasty too and the Horchata & rum wasn't bad either smile
Alas I won't be able to get one (or more)on the island this year so please everyone, hoist one of your choice for me!
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/08/02 06:39 PM

Horchata & rum???? Now that's a new one on me. Probably even good for you! (Horchata is a sweetened rice water drink - high in Vit B's) Learn something new every day!!!
Posted By: snowbird

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/08/02 08:35 PM

hi barb - glad to help smile but i didn't know it was actually GOOD for you too. One of our group would mix up a big container and stash it in the cooler on the boat - yummy refreshing
renée

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/09/02 04:19 AM

As a practical matter, what does a Belikan or a tropical drink such as those being mentioned in this discussion generally cost on AC?

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/09/02 03:09 PM

Between $1.75 and $4.00 US, the beer obviously at the lower end. There was a time (oh, dear) when a good stiff rum and Coke could be had for a $1.50 US. A perfect recipe for trouble.

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/10/02 03:14 AM

Thanks for the info. Prices seem very reasonable, which leaves more $ to tip my favorite bartender when he or she makes my favorite drink. With the list of suggestions compiled here, I will have my "work" cut out for me trying them all. (WORK = 12 oz curls)

Based upon another thread on this discussion board, guess I'll have to pass on a renting a golf cart after going out to sample tropical drinks, since I don't want to get pulled over by the SP sheriff and his deputies. I doubt anyone in my group will volunteer to be the designated driver. So do they have a golf cart rigged with flashing lights and a siren? HA!
Posted By: GailM

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/10/02 04:03 PM

My true Belizean favorite is Coco Loco. Cholo's makes the best and we buy it by the gallon!
Posted By: Debbie

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/10/02 04:37 PM

The brain cell things look totally disgusting. I had to close my eyes to drink it. It REALLY looks like mangled brain tissue.. YUCK!! But is tastes pretty good!!! After three, I was three sheets to the wind!! You feel it all the way down to your toes.
The best pina colada on the island is at Papi's diner. Make sure you have Papi mix it himself. They are awesome and big enough for two.
Panty rippers can't be beat, of course, but we also had a blender in our room and purchased lots of tropical fruit and made our own lethal "smoothies". smile Fresh mango daquiris are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!
P.S. the "Blue Hole" drink is also known as the Tidy Bowl. smile
Debbie

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/10/02 04:47 PM

Debbie,

Can you verify (or deny) reports that, on at least one occasion, a female tourist in San Pedro was seen drinking one of my yummy blue drinks out of a commode. I thought that I had heard something like that but my memory fails me much of the time.

Yer welcome as usual.
CC

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/11/02 03:05 PM

cc - anyone remotely involved in that kind of low-class behavior should be immediately deported smile

(you can get the brain cells at caribe island.)
Posted By: d-jon

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/11/02 08:11 PM

looking at all the hits this topic got, do any of you collect minature rum, wine, beer etc?

I am looking for a minature for black label, red label whiskeys to add to my collection of 200.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/11/02 09:29 PM

no miniatures but i have a few of those big bottles with the built in handles in my cabinet. wink
gay
Posted By: Debbie

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/11/02 10:13 PM

Chooch,
I can't deny it.... There are to many people out there with a picture to prove that I drank from the Tidy bowl...... tee hee hee. It was definately a new experience, but in honor of the expereince, I do believe the commode now sits on your desk??????? laugh I still say the tidy bowl drink tastes like jet fuel.
Debbie
Posted By: d-jon

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/12/02 03:32 AM

Gay & David, a few big bottles? WOW!!!
Posted By: mish

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/13/02 12:32 PM

Oh wow...DRINKS!!!! now that's what I'm talkin bout!

1. rum punch (Holiday's are the BEST-big fishbowl size glass)
2. Purple Parrot
3. panty ripper

yummmm...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Favorite Tropical Drink - 10/13/02 03:48 PM

FOO-FOO---MANGOES.....CHRIS
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board