AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: kbear Advice for planning first time trip. - 11/14/02 03:18 AM
I'm planning my first trip in early June 03 - how's the weather that time of year? Any suggestions on where/who to book flights through and how far in advance?
Posted By: Sandy C Re: Advice for planning first time trip. - 11/14/02 03:22 PM
Weather in June is usually warm, sunny, comfortably breezy. Great time for island water sports and 1 day boat trips to neat mainland activities and sites. Recommend you book air 6-9 weeks in advance - watch for "good" fares on net starting in March. You might try Tropical Travel for airfare quotes, 800-451-8017 - they are a wholesaler. Recommend you also check web link to Caribbean Villas Hotel - picturesque, quiet, beachfront, ecology oriented setting with wonderful staff. They have great diving rates coordinated with Amigos del Mar dive shop and can link you with excellent snorkeling and fishing guides. Happy trip planning!
Posted By: Victoria Re: Advice for planning first time trip. - 11/14/02 05:50 PM
Does Carribean Villas have a pool?
Posted By: Sandy C Re: Advice for planning first time trip. - 11/14/02 06:01 PM
Caribbean Villas does not have a pool. They do have a nice swimming and snorkeling area off the end of their 300 foot pier. Check out Xanadu, Ramons and Banana Beach for pools - Xanadu has a beautiful sea side pool.
Posted By: snowbird Re: Advice for planning first time trip. - 11/14/02 08:03 PM
I'd contact Barb K through her website @ barbsbelize.com - she can help w/just about anything, she's great!
Additioonal Comments:
Caribbean Villas as well as having beautiful beach and deep-water swimming and hot tubs, has pool priviledges nearly.
kbear, My wife and I took our first trip to Belize last June and are planning on a return trip in 2003 the same month. The weather last year was great on AC from the 10th to the 17th, We spent the next week in Placencia where the weather took a turn for the worse but our vacation did't, we had a blast there too. Keep in touch through the board maybe we'll cross paths this June (I'll buy the first, third, fifth, seventh, etc. etc. rounds of Belikins)
mountain Larry
I also recommend talking to Barb @ barbsbelize.com for travel arrangements. She helped us lots last june.......Richard
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board