AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Baddog054 Ambergris escape - 11/16/02 06:07 AM
We're looking into Ambergris as a possible destination for a break from our ccccccccold Vermont winters. We like to snorkel (been to the Caymans twice and loved it there) and would like to try cave tubing. We'd prefer to stay at a place that can offer a bit of privacy, but not too far from good restaurants and shopping. Our budget is moderate. We appreciate any input. Thanks!!!
Posted By: seashell Re: Ambergris escape - 11/16/02 12:12 PM
Seven Seas
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Ambergris escape - 11/16/02 03:15 PM
Try The Tides - great rooms, great management and an excellent dive operation.
Close but quiet location.
Posted By: TravelinMan Re: Ambergris escape - 11/16/02 05:18 PM
Both of the above suggestions are fine. Also consider Tradewinds Paradise Villas. They are a little closer to town (Shopping and Restaurants). Tradewinds Paradise Villas also has a large pool, fully equipped suites (daily maid service, veranda, 1 and 2 bedroom units, Kitchen, Ocean front and poolside rooms) and a full service tour operation to handle any activities including snorkeling. You can check it out at www.tradewindsparadisevillas.com
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: Ambergris escape - 11/16/02 05:35 PM
I like Coconuts.Reasonable,clean,and a short walk to town,maybe 1/4 mile or so.Mostly i like the quieter out side town atmosphere.
Posted By: Sandy C Re: Ambergris escape - 11/17/02 03:31 AM
Check out Caribbean Villas via this web site. Rooms and suites, 12-15 minute walk to town, quiet, only 10 rooms/suites on 2 acres of land with bird sanctuary; Xanadu is in same neighborhood and is also quiet.
Posted By: govikes Re: Ambergris escape - 11/18/02 03:44 PM
Ahhh, but if you stay at 7 Seas, you can walk right around to the back and be at Papi's! Good food, cheap and Papi is a wonderful host! I've even run over at8-9 to grab a quick burger to go after a long day of sun, water and Belikens!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ambergris escape - 11/18/02 03:49 PM
govikes----
at that time of night you shud be heading for fidos...for some music...and more beers
dahhhhhhhahhhhhh
Posted By: mountain Larry Re: Ambergris escape - 11/18/02 10:41 PM
I agree with the Seven Seas good price, great location!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board