AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: pdc rakin' leaves - 11/25/02 07:31 PM
Just spent about 5 hours this weekend rakin' and baggin leaves in the yard...

What kept me going is I'll be in A/C in 10 days.

I'm not even there yet and I'm pinching my self.

This board is great.
Posted By: Sailonsailor Re: rakin' leaves - 11/25/02 07:41 PM
Consider yourself soooo lucky, been raking for 2 days and not going to A/C until Feb. Hope you have a nice trip!
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: rakin' leaves - 11/25/02 07:57 PM
WORK WANTED laugh
will rake for ticket
Posted By: ChrisW Re: rakin' leaves - 11/25/02 09:09 PM
Every year I look forward to raking leaves. The whole family goes out and we start out having a blast throwing leaves around and jumping into piles. By the time we are half way through (30 bags or so), I am so sick of leaves that I want to cut down all the trees and turn them into mulch. A year later I forget the bad and remember the good and the whole thing start over again... smile
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: rakin' leaves - 11/25/02 09:54 PM
No leaves in San Pedro.If there were I would move
Posted By: Barbara K Re: rakin' leaves - 11/25/02 10:37 PM
I am in the desert...what I wouldn't give for leaves!!!!
Posted By: Debbie Re: rakin' leaves - 11/25/02 11:38 PM
ChrisW
Oh what a lovely memory you conjured up for me. How I would love to jump in a pile of leaves again. My brother and I used to play hide and go seek in them, and pile them at the base of our swing set and J U M P!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh... Such sweet memories...
Debbie
Posted By: Marty Re: rakin' leaves - 11/26/02 01:35 AM
boy do we have leaves here in oregon.

oh man. i have raked the roof three times already, let alone the yard...

i was raking leaves so deep i was kicking the piles trying to move em. real smart.

we have a LOT of big trees round these here parts. its a pleasure to pick up after the old codgers.
Posted By: Marty Re: rakin' leaves - 11/26/02 01:36 AM
pedro1 no like the leaves.
big chuckle when i read that. still laughing..
Posted By: StrayCat Re: rakin' leaves - 11/26/02 05:39 AM
and after fallen leaves, comes falling snow.....brrrrrr. I'm a comin' AC!!! smile
just not as soon as I would like....like tomorrow frown
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: rakin' leaves - 11/26/02 06:14 AM
I've burned leaves twice already this year and have another "huge" pile ready to go as i speak!
I love the trees ,just hate the work associated with the fall/winter! Maybe someone in SP who loves leaves/trees would be willing to swap a couple weeks each fall? I could be talked into such a deal!...........Richard
Posted By: Mosquitorose Re: rakin' leaves - 11/26/02 07:06 AM
Rake leaves? I leave them where they fall lol. I love it. Just sweep the roof off and rake the ones in front ...not many.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: rakin' leaves - 11/28/02 02:52 AM
You all nuts we no like leaves and we just put up with people who do
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: rakin' leaves - 12/02/02 05:14 PM
TIP OF THE WEEK
jump in your leaf covered cars, drive to sears and get a leaf blower. start blower and point at neighbors house.
laugh wink laugh
gay
Posted By: Beachy Re: rakin' leaves - 12/02/02 08:30 PM
Beachy says here in San Pedro I don't have any leaves, only sand... laugh but my old (never going back)house in Atlanta is now (finally) on the market and photos on internet show the pool thick with trees debris--no leaf blowing for me now!! First time I have seen the house in over a year, and it's from the comfort of my chair looking out at the lagoon. Paraphrasing Jackie Mason: Take my house please!
Beachy is putting up Christmas lights today, applying sunscreen. cool
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: rakin' leaves - 12/02/02 09:48 PM
ok beachy, you have succeeded in making me feel like crap now.
gay frown
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board