AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Ryland Anyone got the scope on Coral Bay Villas? - 11/25/02 07:49 PM
Hellooooo... about ready to do my 2nd trip to Ambergris... can't wait! Fixing to bend a knee and ask my girlfriend to marry me on top of one of the Tikal pyramids prior to our arrival. Found a condo for $99.00 at Coral Bay Villas. Anybody out there familiar with CBV? Any advice? Thanks! Ryland
how romantic smile
You will not be disappointed at CBV. We have "honeymooned" there for the last 4 years, many times.
Posted By: Debbie Re: Anyone got the scope on Coral Bay Villas? - 11/25/02 11:59 PM
The top of the Tikal pyramids is like nothing I've ever done before. Goosebumps all over, and I wasn't even proposed to!!!! Lucky girlfriend! wink
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.....congrats, etc. But! don't forget the important things, like diving, diving, and oh yeah, diving! hahahahahaha Have a great trip, and I hope she says yes!!
Posted By: Ryland Re: Anyone got the scope on Coral Bay Villas? - 11/26/02 07:39 AM
Originally posted by StrayCat:
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.....congrats, etc. But! don't forget the important things, like diving, diving, and oh yeah, diving! hahahahahaha Have a great trip, and I hope she says yes!!
Posted By: Ryland Re: Anyone got the scope on Coral Bay Villas? - 11/26/02 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Ryland:
Originally posted by StrayCat:
[b]Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.....congrats, etc. But! don't forget the important things, like diving, diving, and oh yeah, diving! hahahahahaha Have a great trip, and I hope she says yes!!
[/b]
Posted By: Ryland Re: Anyone got the scope on Coral Bay Villas? - 11/26/02 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Ryland:
Hellooooo... about ready to do my 2nd trip to Ambergris... can't wait! Fixing to bend a knee and ask my girlfriend to marry me on top of one of the Tikal pyramids prior to our arrival. Found a condo for $99.00 at Coral Bay Villas. Anybody out there familiar with CBV? Any advice? Thanks! Ryland
Posted By: Ryland Re: Anyone got the scope on Coral Bay Villas? - 11/26/02 07:45 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes! If she says no then I guess we'll be doing some shark diving.. but only one of us may return ;-) Can't wait to go diving! See ya! Ryland
Coral Bay is very nice and excellent for the price. Recommend you ask for a condo on the south end of the building; I like the second floor. Best wishes with THE question! or actually, THE answer.
Posted By: E&T Re: Anyone got the scope on Coral Bay Villas? - 11/29/02 02:26 AM
Coral Bay is bar far the best in AC for the price. However, I vote for the bottom floor so your little piggies can hit the sand as soon as you walk out the door with your cool beverage in hand. Of course, I'm probably biased since I own #4 (bottom right as you face the condos). Just tell Herm and Linda that "Iowa" sent you. Good luck with the question -- better yet, with the answer! GO HAWKS!
E&T,

Old hard drive crashed and took your e-mail addy. If you get the time send a note to Edwin and have him forward it to me. Of course that would be if he isn't too busy. I asked him to do the same two weeks ago, but....well you know.

CC

You guys were a godsend three weeks ago when the beverage order for four couples got "misplaced".
Posted By: E&T Re: Anyone got the scope on Coral Bay Villas? - 11/30/02 03:56 AM
Hopefully it's on its way, Choo Choo. By the way, we tried one of your "blue things" at BC's when our dental group was there in October. Sorry, buddy, it was absolutely terrible! We still need to connect a week at Coral Bay with you guys....We've got 4 of the condos reserved the first week of February. E.
E&T,

Just after y'all left I had to have a "re-TRAIN-ing" session with Ernie, and the balance Char's capable staff. They were getting VERY carried away with the last ingredient, and putting WAY too much blue curacao in the little blue demon. Once shown their unintentional errant ways, the sublime taste of the infamous intoxicant has returned to it's natural state.

It's a heavy burden to bear, but in the interest of tourist enjoyment, it's one that we eagerly accept. Either that, or you Hawkeyes are just too inexperienced with "speciality" beverages.

Heartfelt thanks again for the cold Belikins. As a native, now expat, Wolverine I pray for the Hawks to meet that miserable bunch from Columbus to really decide the issue. The "Eyes" are the very best this year, no contest.

Bombs away! (Thanksgiving "Blues" later today with youngest son and his girly friend).

CC
I just returned from AC on 11/12. Stayed at Paradise Villas, Unit 22B, and it was wonderful. Coral Bay Villas was our second choice and after wandering down that way to scope it out, decided we had made the BEST decision with Paradise Villas, which was the same price. It has a pool whereas CBV does not. CBV is somewhat isolated down the beach and the surrounding area is not as nice as being closer to town. paradise Villas was quiet and convenient to everything. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The grocery store is just out the front entrance. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. We planned this trip strictly by internet research and were not disappointed in anything. Took a day snorkling trip with Hustler on the catamaran and it was wonderful. I would chose Paradise Villas over CBV...but to each his own. CBV were very nice condos, however, I just liked the location better of Paradise Villas. Spent 4 days inland in the jungle and it was even better. Had to come home to rest. If you go to the Cayo district, I would highly recommend the Aguada Hotel in Santa Elena near San Ignacio. It is VERY reasonable ($27 a night) and suited our needs and the owner and his wife and the hotel tour manager Lenny were wonderful. We will for sure return. Some people think because it's so low cost that there has to be something wrong with it. There wasn't. The food was the best!!! Good luck on your proposal and if she says no, the reef sharks are friendly!!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board