AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Special Dinner

Posted By: Seeking Tarpon

Special Dinner - 01/10/03 06:27 PM

Hi all,

I already have a list of restaurants that have been recommended by reading through the many archives on this board.

I'd like some advice on where to go for a Wedding Day Dinner. Friends of ours are getting married while we are on AC, and we like to treat them to the absolute best AC has to offer. I am fully aware that AC is not known for it's fancy restaurants, but I have read of a few that are considered the 'upper end' places.

What would you recomend? Capricorns, Mata Chica?
Or maybe others....Please help.
Posted By: o jackie

Re: Special Dinner - 01/10/03 06:32 PM

El Divino, they just opened and it is also on the upper end scale of fine dining. It is located in the Banana Beach resort. There is a posting with pictures further down on the board.
Jackie
Posted By: Debbie

Re: Special Dinner - 01/10/03 06:33 PM

For a wedding day dinner..... Definately Capricorns or maybe the Victoria House. Like you said there are many excellent restaurants, but these two have the ambiance you are looking for.
Posted By: Sandcrab

Re: Special Dinner - 01/10/03 06:35 PM

Victoria House has excellent dinners, and a nice setting.

Banana Beach resort has recently opened a new upscale restaurant/bar called El Divino and is receiving good reviews. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but as soon as I get the chance, I will.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Special Dinner - 01/10/03 06:37 PM

i dont know the new one jackie mentioned, but everyone recommends capricorn's for the finest dinner. call them in advance & tell them it's your wedding and they'll make a big fuss over you.

for another great dinner, you can try rendezvous. it is up north & has french/thai infusion cuisine(spicy!!), and they make their own wine. i wore a dress & bare feet there. i love that!
Posted By: Sandy C

Re: Special Dinner - 01/10/03 06:49 PM

Capricorn. Ask for Annabel personally and discuss your desires - her husband is the head chef and is a fantastic one.
Posted By: Seeking Tarpon

Re: Special Dinner - 01/10/03 08:59 PM

Thankyou all very much....It's looking like Capricorns. Only 78 days.....
Posted By: KathyMLT

Re: Special Dinner - 01/12/03 12:15 AM

EL DIVINOS at Banana Beach gets my vote....they have an upstairs portion that is big enough for a fairly large wedding party and the service and food is EXCELLENT.
Posted By: Colorado Palms

Re: Special Dinner - 01/12/03 04:23 PM

Go for the tropical setting while in paradise! In addition to wonderful cuisine, Capricorn is on the beach, open air and small & intimate. Clarence can prepare wonderful specialities for the occassion. Many of the San Pedro version of fancy restaurants are indoors with minimal tropical feel. Nice evening boat ride to Capricorn also. Your friends are lucky to have you.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board