AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Ceviche

Posted By: cook2

Ceviche - 03/13/03 08:32 PM

How about recomendations as to which bar or restaurant has the best ceviche on AC. I may just try them all and come back for more.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Ceviche - 03/13/03 08:37 PM

Sandal's bar
Posted By: KathyMLT

Re: Ceviche - 03/13/03 09:38 PM

Papis had some good ceviche, Duane made good ceviche when he was running the Toucan restaurant. He now works at Fidos at night...I don't know if they have it there but you could ask...
Posted By: aqtpie2

Re: Ceviche - 03/13/03 10:34 PM

Hmm so many places - I tend to think "bonjoe" makes some kicking ceviche. <wink wink>

wink wink wink laugh wink wink wink

But I do recall having good ceviche at Fidos and also at Ambergris Delight
Posted By: Marie

Re: Ceviche - 03/13/03 10:38 PM

My favorite is at the palapa at the Paradise Resort Hotel. Pina, the cook, makes it fresh every day. I like some heat in it, and this is nicely spicy, so if spicy is a problem, you won't be fond of it. Also has a good quantity of cilantro, which appeals to me. Not to everyone. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, while the bar operates till 5:00 or so. Enjoy!
Posted By: River Shark

Re: Ceviche - 03/13/03 11:06 PM

Marie,
Do they pay you for all of those compliments on Paradise Resort?
Posted By: cook2

Re: Ceviche - 03/14/03 12:38 AM

Spicy is great and a little cilantro never hurt anything...kind of like garlic. As a chef from Dallas, I am looking forward to a feeding frenzy on AC starting Sat. night.......more suggestions are welcome..BT
Posted By: sean

Re: Ceviche - 03/14/03 02:39 AM

I HAD SOME GOOD CEVICHE DIP AND CHIPS "FREE" AT THE SPORTMANS LODGE BEFORE THE HAND FERRY. IT HAS A GREAT VIEW OF THE SUNSET AT DUSK OVERLOOKING A LITTLE CHANNEL. NOT FANCY, BUT COLD BEER AND NICE PEOPLE. OSCAR AT THE BAR WAS FRIENDLY LIKE MOST LOCALS ON THE ISLAND. WISH I WAS BACK IN A.C SNOW HERE AGAIN IN N.J EEEEKKK!!!!

Re: Ceviche - 03/14/03 03:32 AM

Hi River Shark,

Not at all. I would be surprised if they even looked at this site. I just love the place, and find that once anyone goes there they love it too.

Re: Ceviche - 03/14/03 03:34 AM

Ji Cook2,

Well, your coming to a great place for that! Do try Jambel Jerk Pit, really tasty place, and they will make it as spicy as you like.

Re: Ceviche - 03/14/03 03:35 AM

Hi Cook2,

Well, your coming to a great place for that! Do try Jambel Jerk Pit, really tasty place, and they will make it as spicy as you like.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Ceviche - 03/14/03 03:54 AM

Cook2 you will find good cerviche, my favorite is lobster cerviche.

Also check the Island Super Market, you can buy Belizean Jerk seasoning and recipe, in a pink package, with "recado ball" included. Nice to buy and to bring home for gifts and future use.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board