AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Halloween and candy - 10/28/08 03:25 PM
from a friend....

This is very important, especially as Halloween is very close.
candy from china its "milk powed" has millamine and it's very poisonus, and can cause kidney failure, since halloween is close, the residents of Belize will be buying this candy and this can damage the body especially children,

If we are gonna give candy to our children we need to be carefull, beacuse a lot of candy from Belize is imported from, u.s.a . and u.s.a get's there candy from china. so this can be leathal.

Most countries have brought down these products from shelves but the U.S.A has not for political reasons, just to gett more votes at the irsk of poisoning people. I hope you can spread the word of this to Belizeans, thanks,

here is a better discription of what i mean

from Hector Varela
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Halloween and candy - 10/28/08 04:47 PM
Thanks Marty. Another FDA horror story! This should be forwarded widely everywhere, as well as in Belize.
Posted By: terrielinn Re: Halloween and candy - 10/28/08 07:11 PM
Just for a bit of clarification: 1. The FDA has notified the public through the media (such as it is) that milk candy from china is suspect. 2. Cadbury co. has pulled its candy voluntarily from the markets (not that you can't still find it) though it states that most of their chocolates were slated for Australia 3. YES it is good to make sure people are aware of this.

YES I agree with Barbara Another horror story! And to think "we" want to add more gov't?

Thanks
Posted By: terrielinn Re: Halloween and candy - 10/30/08 07:51 PM
A BIG thank you to the government of Canada!!! They have brought to the attention of our "esteemed" FDA that the gold pirate coin candies are: 1. milk chocolate and 2. Made in China at the same plants in question for melamine contamination of other chocolates.

Easy way to avoid this :

DON'T EAT CANDY MADE IN CHINA or with the words: Country of origin CHINA.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board