AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty 'Tis the Season for Rompopo - 12/28/12 02:57 PM

Rompopo Ingredients

Whether you're rich or poor, Mestizo or Creole, there's one thing that is never missing in Belizean homes during Christmas time. I'm talking about Rompopo, Belize's "winter holidays" drink equivalent to everyone else's eggnog. The holidays just ain't the same without it!

Rompopo is far better that your regular eggnog, though. I'm being totally biased but please understand me, I can't help myself. I grew up drinking it religiously for Christmas and New Years, and apart from it being absolutely delicious, the flavors spark countless fond memories.

Since it's the season of giving, I'll be sharing my family's not-so-secret Rompopo recipe. You will now be able to make your own at home and have the same experience as most Belizeans have during the holidays. I hope you're excited!

Rompopo Recipe - Belizean style eggnog

5 Eggs
5 Carnation Evaporated Milk, large
1 Sweetened Condensed Milk, large
1 Nutmeg, grated
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
1 Quart of Belizean Rum (other strong rums are also ok)

Directions:

Creating this concoction is fairly simple. Depending on the size of your blender, you can just throw all the ingredients in and mix them together. In the case that you have a smaller size blender, just split the portions in half and you'll get the same end result.

Tip: Reduce or add more rum depending on your love for this Caribbean poison.

Source

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board