AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Mickey's Restaurant closes end of year!

Posted By: Marty

Mickey's Restaurant closes end of year! - 12/26/13 12:01 PM

Mickey's in San Pedro is closing at the end of the year, many fabulous meals over the years…. get it while you can!
Posted By: collyk

Re: Mickey's Restaurant closes end of year! - 12/26/13 12:57 PM

The end of an era for sure! Will be sad to see it go, but good luck to Mickey for the future!
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Mickey's Restaurant closes end of year! - 12/26/13 02:10 PM

Usta enjoy breakfast every morning at Mickie's when she was upstairs over Crazy Canucks...back a few years ago.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Mickey's Restaurant closes end of year! - 12/26/13 05:46 PM

Wednesday was BURRITO DAY! It was great but a couple of years ago the quality went out the door. Good luck to all.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Mickey's Restaurant closes end of year! - 01/15/14 08:43 PM

Micky’s Place Says Goodbye

After 26 years of service in San Pedro Town, the iconic Micky’s Place Restaurant said its final good-bye, officially closing its doors on December 31, 2013.

In 1987 Michaela Nuñez,driven by her passion for cooking, opened Micky’s Place. “I have always loved being in the kitchen cooking for others,” said Michaela. So when she got the opportunity to open her very own restaurant she was thrilled to take on the new challenge. “I like to cook for others. When I opened the restaurant I didn’t see it as a work load, because I was doing what I loved.” And that love clearly showed in her food.

So what is next for Michaela? Well she has decided that it’s time to retire and just relax and enjoy her family. “I have worked for so long that now I just want to spend time with my children and grandchildren.”

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Mickey's Restaurant closes end of year! - 01/17/14 02:08 AM

I once ate an entire Mickey's wednesday burrito. Really. I was younger and fatter and boy was it good.
Wishing Mickey well in retirement - my guess is that the grandkids are in for some delicious dinners!

© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board