AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Boogie's Belly - 10/24/14 06:00 PM

San Pedro's New Hot Spot: "Boogie's Belly

I started yesterday off at what I will call San Pedro's Newest Hot Spot - Boogie's Belly. A small but super cute new deli/restaurant between Middle Street and Back Street - on the side street that has San Pedro's Lions' Den.

Thought I visited a few weeks ago for some delicious sere, about 10 people this week have told me I MUST go try the breakfast. And that they are making HOMEMADE meat pies! One of the classic breakfasts in this part of the country.

I arrived at Boogie's at about 9:45am but ALL BREAKFAST WAS SOLD OUT. I'd heard about the belgian waffles�stuffed with eggs and meat or peanut butter and jelly. Gone. About the stuffed fry jacks. Finished. I went for double meat pies ($1.50bzd EACH) and a cup of real coffee.

Jason, Jennifer and Jessica. These guys are Belizean�and American. Jason was born in Belize City and Jennifer in the Toledo District, Big Falls to be exact. He moved to LA for 33 years. His grandfather started one of the most famous classic Belizean food restaurants in the country - Dit's in Belize City.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see lots more yummy photos on SanPedroScoop!

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board