AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Peace Corps Volunteers Share 50 Years of Memories

Posted By: Marty

Peace Corps Volunteers Share 50 Years of Memories - 03/09/11 03:53 PM

Photo Essay:

For 50 years, American Peace Corps volunteers have been returning home with memories - and photos - of new places, new friends and new experiences. Generations of returning volunteers, more than 200,000 in total according to the Peace Corps, have brought pieces of their new lives home with them, teaching family and friends about other countries through photographs and stories.

Over the Peace Corps' 50 years, the methods of sharing these memories have undoubtedly changed. The earliest volunteers may have had their photographs developed as slides and held slideshows, while later volunteers may have shown off photo albums or scrapbooks. And today's volunteers share their pictures and stories online.

We scoured the internet to find some of our favorite photographs taken by Peace Corps volunteers during their service, and asked them to share with us the story behind the picture - just as they have probably done for their families and friends many times before.

CLICK HERE
Posted By: champion

Re: Peace Corps Volunteers Share 50 Years of Memories - 03/09/11 09:11 PM

Thats pretty cool Marty, It brings back many memories of my days in the Peace Corps. I was a village agricultrual extension worker in northern India in 1970. I was the second youngest volunteer on record at the time. A whopping 18 years old. I flew over the Mekong Delta at however high and waved to all my freinds in Nam.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board