AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: arlb99 non helpful web site for buying - 03/28/07 05:21 AM
So we are not having luck and perhaps someone can direct us...We realize you dont need a license to sell real estate in Belize so we are trying very hard to find reputable or referral web sites for property listings. However we followed 5 links and asked questions via email~ all bounced back. Then we found 3 more sites and the seemed to cater to more luxury homes.

How can we get information and property listings? Thank you smile
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/28/07 01:49 PM
Chris at Pelican Properties is wonderful, if he's still at it. He knows his stuff about the local Real Estate market and the taxes/laws. I think I remember him saying he would be leaving the island soon for the mainland, but maybe he's still there.
Also, Amanda Symes...on this board, is very good. She is a wealth of information.
Did you try the drop down menu for the real estate on this site?
Go up to the top, to businesses, click and take it from there. Not being curt, but sometimes the obvious is too obvious, and we miss things.
Posted By: cakelee Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/28/07 03:20 PM
Agree with Sun&Sand on realtors. We used Amanda and Chris B. at Sunrise: http://www.sunrisebelize.com/
Posted By: JZB Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/28/07 03:22 PM
Don't forget about www.ambergrisrealestate.com
Posted By: govikes Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/28/07 03:57 PM
I second sun&sand, Chris at Pelican Properties is one of the best. He is very honest and has been doing business here for many years.
Posted By: Chris Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/28/07 07:30 PM
Sun&Sand and govikes, thanks for the very nice words.

Pelican Chris
Posted By: Anonymous Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/28/07 08:07 PM
It's all about trust, and of course competency. But first of all trust. I'd use Pelican or Sunrise without hesitating. You meet them (Chris, now with I believe Grant) or Amanda & the other Chris (Berlin) and you'll see what I mean. Like back at home in England I know lots of realtors but there's only one I'd choose to use.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/28/07 10:00 PM
I have to agree with JZB, "Ambergris Seaside Real Estate" . It has always been a pleasure to deal with them. Their expertice and knowledge on local property's and Real Estate laws made us feel very comfortable when we were purchasing or piece of paradise. We worked with Elisa, Vern, Josh, And Alberto. All nice people. Very Professional.
Posted By: DANZA Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/29/07 02:53 PM
I agree with JZB, and 2Mile, we used Ambergris Seaside Real Estate and were very pleased. Not a slam on anyone else, but we would only use Seaside again.
Posted By: Craigswench Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/29/07 03:10 PM
I think Seaside is the best there is! I personally used 1 other that I would NOT EVER recommend, even if it was to buy a grain of sand.
And while I never did business with Amanda, she was certainly helpful to me, and knows her stuff. You can trust her.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/30/07 01:34 AM
Craigswench-which reality company do you detest-you are IMO trying to hurt the rest of the reality companies as you praise two but no-one knows which you hate which works against the rest
Posted By: Craigswench Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/30/07 02:20 AM
Sorry Pedro,
I shant name any names. I gave praise where it was due IMO. And, there might be some other good ones. I'm not saying there isn't. I simply stated who I would choose to use again, and actually recently did use again.
Starting a pi$$ing match with someone is fruitless, so why bother.
Posted By: seashell Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/30/07 03:52 AM
Yeah, those 'reality' companies, ya gotta watch out for them.

Posted By: SP Daily Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/30/07 04:07 AM
And finally, you need to checkout http://www.investinbelize.com/
Posted By: Inplub Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/30/07 10:18 PM
What Real Estate laws
Posted By: kerry Re: non helpful web site for buying - 03/31/07 06:16 AM
thought it was "realty"??? would like to know more about "reality companies"...caught that one 2, seashell...hmmmm
Posted By: arlb99 Re: non helpful web site for buying - 04/06/07 04:26 PM
ok, um, can I have the post back~please
smile

yes it is Realty, perhaps he just had a typo, and I didn't mean to start an argument between you all....Just trying to find a way to view properties or find someone selling. Its frustrating that you dont have to be licensed so I just though I would see if we could get some help. Thank you for those that gave us your thoughts...we appriciate it.

Posted By: Inplub Re: non helpful web site for buying - 04/07/07 02:51 PM
What kind of properties are you looking for.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: non helpful web site for buying - 04/07/07 10:59 PM
I may be wrong but it seems like there is no such thing as multiple listings. Each real estate office shows only their properties.
What they do though, is post pictures and details on their store fronts and you can do a lot of browsing before you ever walk inside.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: non helpful web site for buying - 04/07/07 11:02 PM
You are wrong...
The more professional offices in San Pedro Town all co-operate with each other and show all properties.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board